Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did I find another shiller? CONFIRMED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
EDITED- Just my opinion. very possible that I am incorrect. I will just attempt to win it again.

I XXXXing hate shillers.

Was the 2nd high bidder on this card last week.

eBay.com Item Bid History

Winning bidder had 25% bids with that seller.

Well, searching Pacific Patches and HEY, LOOK WHAT I FIND....

2000 Pacific Game Worn 4 Color Jersey Patch Jaguar Fred Taylor 2 Unreal | eBay

Here is the bidding information for the second auction...

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=350703404271

WTF!?

Definite shill bidding.

Last edited:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Eddie, I guess anything's possible but I'd be surprised if it was shilling in this case. i think the seller has a pretty big business online selling wax, IIRC.

Could be a case of a non-paying bidder and he just relisted it instead of doing second chance offer...I know I've done that before.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Very possible. just don't know why you wouldn't offer to the next person in line.

I have been accused of being a shiller for this very thing. High bidder contacted me and said he made a mistake, blah blah blah, I contacted the next highest bidder and he layed into me like I had beat a kitten about being a shiller. Needless to say that was the last time I ever did that.

I'm not calling anyone a shill.. Ill let you come to your own conclusions.

Auction 121056810727 $71.11

Winning bidder 18 feedback 1 bid on item 4/4 bids 100%

Auction 12156810724 $103.15

Winning bidder 18 feedback 1 bid on item 4/4 bids 100%

Now less than a week later.. Same seller

And

No feedback left but the 100% is what's got me thinking the seller used this other account to set a shill reserve.

I posted this in football

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Very possible. just don't know why you wouldn't offer to the next person in line.

A lot of people do not do that. I know two sellers with over 40,000 feedback and neither do second chance, they just wait give it 3-4 weeks and then relist.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
not even the point at this time. That was after the relist.

I posted the bidding activity for both auctions in the original post.

Winning bidder of the first auction was second place bidder of the second auction.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Yep, one and the same Carl.

I guess I should really be complaining, cuz I save $7, but in theory, I should have won it for $11 or $12 last time.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Yep, one and the same Carl.

I guess I should really be complaining, cuz I save $7, but in theory, I should have won it for $11 or $12 last time.

I suppose it's possible it still isn't shilling but it NOW looks EXTREMELY fishy. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt b/c he has such a great rep.

It's POSSIBLE the "numbskull" who didn't pay for it the first time around (NPB) tried to bid on it again? But it does look shady.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
no way steve is shilling his stuff. He authenticates unopened packs for PSA and is one of the most respected names in the hobby. The amount of business he does, he wouldn't have time to anyway. One more conspiracy for the boards.

sawmillthug

Dec 21, 2012
Chillicothe, MO
If high bidder first time around then same item is relisted and same bidder is second high bidder the next time it is definitely shilling. Don't care who it is or how great their rep is.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
People's reputation seems to go to crap as soon as money is involved. It's weird how it goes down like that but it does happen. Not to everyone of course. I mean we have a lot of great folks here on this very board I wouldn't say that about. But for every nice person I've run across there's an army of the other type.

Members online

Latest posts