Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Guess It's Up to Us to Vote in Puig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'll be casting my votes for him, how about you?

Choices are him, Freeman, A-Gonz, Pence or Desmond.

Last edited:

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
The AL Vote is a complete joke. Let's see if any of them get more than 5 national votes ::facepalm::

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It would be stupid for Puig to get on the AS team. So stupid.

No it wouldnt

The AS is a semi-meaningless exhibition game that is supposedly "for the fans".

The fans want Puig so why does he not deserve to be there if that's the case?

Besides, in the past 30 games who has been hotter than him?

He's doing historic things.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
No it wouldnt

The AS is a semi-meaningless exhibition game that is supposedly "for the fans".

The fans want Puig so why does he not deserve to be there if that's the case?

Besides, in the past 30 games who has been hotter than him?

He's doing historic things.

Yes it would. I'm a fan too, I can have an opinion. Puig playing 30 games is not enough to make him an All-Star. Period. And he's taking a spot from someone that has played most/all of the year. If he got called up a month earlier and was performing like this, I wouldn't have a problem with it. At least he would have played in 75% of the games...but here he hasn't even played in 40% of the games. It's ridiculous.

Shin-Soo Choo was hitting .333 with an OPS over 1.000 after the first 30 games of the season....he's not on the team.

If the fans want him, so be it but that doesn't change my opinion on it being stupid and the FACT that he's taking an All-Star spot from someone who's be in the MLB the entire season.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
So, tenure should be the most prominent factor when voting?

Sorry, I'll go with the guy who is the most exciting to watch, and who evokes the loudest response from fans.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
So, tenure should be the most prominent factor when voting?

Sorry, I'll go with the guy who is the most exciting to watch, and who evokes the loudest response from fans.

Tenure SHOULD be a huge factor - clearly it's not. Like I said, if the fans vote him in, so be it.

Think about it this way...what if Shane Spencer had the month he did, when he got called up, in June of that year and he made the All-Star team? How stupid would that have been? He was just as hot and caused just as much hype and played in 3 less game than Puig.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Tenure SHOULD be a huge factor - clearly it's not. Like I said, if the fans vote him in, so be it.

Think about it this way...what if Shane Spencer had the month he did, when he got called up, in June of that year and he made the All-Star team? How stupid would that have been? He was just as hot and caused just as much hype and played in 3 less game than Puig.

Hindsight is 20/20 - in your scenario, the fans wouldn't have been wrong to vote him in if his stats were as impressive as Puig's, and therefore, would not have been a "stupid" decision.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
And on the flip side, how many "tenured" players have zero business playing in the game (based on their performance in the current season) and have started the game? Players make the team all the time and don't deserve to be there. Puig at least is doing his damnedest to earn his way on.

I'm ambivalent. I'm thrilled with Puig and what he's brought to the team. I'm thrilled that right now the Dodgers are relevant. If he makes the team, fine. If he doesn't, that's fine, too. Either way, I'm good.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I won't mind if puig makes it. I just don't see him being a long term success so it may be his only shot.

Ill be happy with anyone on that list but im voting for the homer.

Members online

Latest posts