Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

******* Saturday Morning Thread ********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
If all this Arod stuff wasn't going on, this would have been a great card to flip. But it is not comparable to a dual auto of the TEAM and Player I collect /10. This is not numbered and is surrounded will bullXXXX. Know what I mean?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Yeah, I just like it because of Ortiz. Hope you get what you want for your PC Alex. Good luck!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Yeah, I just like it because of Ortiz. Hope you get what you want for your PC Alex. Good luck!

if i wasn't planning on sending it back to get what is rightfully mine, I would have no issues making a deal with you. But this card is not going to be in my possession for long as you can imagine. I appreciate the hopeful words Dan.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
It's cool Alex. I'd rather you get something you'll keep anyway. I certainly don't need another auto where I can't figure out which box to keep it in. It's easy when the duals and triple autos are all from the same team...

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Alex not to piss in your wheaties. But why not sell the card and just get something PC. I know it can be the point of it all, but its just card board man.:cool: Their not going to make your card, that is obvious and you just may get nothing better then that even if you do send that back and try and wait it out.

I'm not telling you to give Topps a pass, I'm just saying sometimes things should not be something that consumes your being.:p

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Alex not to piss in your wheaties. But why not sell the card and just get something PC. I know it can be the point of it all, but its just card board man.:cool: Their not going to make your card, that is obvious and you just may get nothing better then that even if you do send that back and try and wait it out.

I'm not telling you to give Topps a pass, I'm just saying sometimes things should not be something that consumes your being.:p

If this card would sell at a nice price or somewhere close what I paid for the Ethier/Kershaw then I wouldn't really have an issue. But it won't no one wants a card from a set that was never packed out to begin with. This is nothing more than manufactured scarcity and the autos are not worth the cardboard it is stickered to.

A_Pharis

Went to the Post Office to pick up the Tristar envelope that I got a delivery notice for yesterday. The lady went to the back and brought back the envelope and I immediately knew something was wrong. This was supposed to be a DUAL Patch Auto Booklet... And then I opened it to see this...

20130803_112053.jpg

And find this....

20130803_112033.jpg

20130803_112043.jpg

This went from expecting a very nice PC, to receiving a dual auto of a set that was never made for anything but to replace redemptions that have taken a long time to fill. Not only did I NOT request a replacement they never sent me anything saying they were going to replace it WITHOUT my consent. My card is was supposed to be numbered /10. This isn't numbered and it is of someone I can't XXXXING stand!!! WHO is about to get banned for life!!!

XXXX YOU TOPPS. This isn't XXXXing over. And if this is the case why in the XXXX didn't they sent me a replacement for the Kemp/Ethier that has been sitting there just as long?

I would call Topps and chew them out. I would make sure they knew that a person who collects a specific player is not the person to dump off autographs of a cheater. I'm pissed off for you, Alex.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Just checking in. Got back from Chicago Friday evening, then went to the neighborhood saloon. Closed the place, and now I have one hell of a hang-over.

Adam, congrats on the streak continuing. I would have loved to had a son also. Best wishes for the health of your wife and son.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I would call Topps and chew them out. I would make sure they knew that a person who collects a specific player is not the person to dump off autographs of a cheater. I'm pissed off for you, Alex.

It states on the back of the redemption the following:

"Substitutions of equal or greater value will be made if the insert is unavailable for any reason."

Well they can't even keep their own terms when it comes to redemptions. Yet, "Any attempt to forge materials or defraud in away will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

A_Pharis

Thank you, again, everyone.

Today I ordered packs of 1984 Topps, Donruss and Leaf - along with 1987 packs, too. The years LB and I were born. GOnna frame them in individual frames for the baby's room. I want to do packs for the baby's year, too.. (2013 if it makes it late December).

Without Donruss and (the old) Leaf - what packs should I do for Henley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts