Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOBBY speaking, is delmon young the biggest bust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
ONLY think about the hobby, is he the biggest bust ever?

Yes I know he is an "ok" player but he has not even come close to becoming what we all thought he would. The amount of money invested in him was staggering.

Hobby wise, he was the very very rare occurrence where he had extremely pricey autographed true Rc's from about every company, including chrome gold refs.

Does anyone else even come close?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
There were a few whose hype coincided with bubbles in the market and that made their collapse so huge.

Alex Gordon
Joba Chamberlain

And not quite as huge dollars-wise (because the market was not quite as crazy then) but Mark Prior, partially because he had one insane season before injuries largely did him in.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Delomon is up there, not only because I think he was way over valued in the hobby, but also I think his talent was way over estimated and/or hyped.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Alex Gordon and Matt LaPorta are two that come to mind. Gordon turned out to be a pretty darn good player but nowhere near what everyone thought he'd be. LaPorta still flabbergasts me. Instead of becoming an above average to all star caliber Major Leaguer, he's looking like a permanent AAAA player.

Jesus Montero still has a chance to be a pretty good baseball player but he's never going to sniff the prices he once sold for.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Strasburg

I said he was a bust before he even pitched. I was told I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground. Then he got hurt and again I was told I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground. 20k for a card of a guy that never pitched? If he is not the biggest bust, there are a lot of people on this site that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
29-19 2.96 1.07 Those arent the numbers of a bust, they are pretty damn good.

stuff wise, stras isn't a bust. delmon and many others listed are.
$$ wise most are busts.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Boy...I remember in the old days someone would post a picture of a big bust and say, "This is the biggest bust"!
Okay...I'll do it!
"This is the biggest bust"!
Shakespeare_1.jpg

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Not the biggest busts but the Joba and Phil Hughes run was hard to take. Collecting their stuff was as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts