Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which "Impossible Oddballs" are you searching for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
:) Thanks for the update :)

Does the Biggio one exist now lol

He is one of four Astros on the checklist on the back, though I don't ever remember seeing the Biggio. Then again I was more focused on picking up guys like Puckett, Bo Jackson and Will Clark at the time.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Here's an example of the Barry...

$T2eC16R,!)YFIccvWYqwBSJ6Y6iVjw~~60_57.JPG

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Let's see…for Garvey, I still need:

2003 Donruss Team Heroes Samples Gold

I am not sure after all these years that it even exists. Beckett claimed at one point and they did issue many sample cards in their magazine and I have seen a couple gold ones back in the day. i am just not sure each card they say existed has a gold counterpart. I have several of the Silver, although have not seen one listed for a long time now.

That 1980 Long Beach Press Telegram Garvey/Carew is still a huge want of mine. I have a scan thanks to an advanced oddball collector and I have several of the others from the set, but not the one I need.

I also need one of those bronze parallel's numbered to 50 from the 2004 UD Timeless Teams issue. It is the 1980 version of the card. I had all 4 of the gold's #'d to 5 within a few months of issue, but still need that last stupid bronze card almost 10 years later!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Here is one I picked up a while ago I thought I'd post. It has pictures / wording including Will Clark , Don Mattingly , Mark McGwire , Dave Kingman (I think that's his name n auto on the bat) , Howard Johnson , Kirby Puckett , Andre Dawson , Ozzie Smith , Mike Greenwell , Jose Canseco , and I can't remember who the guy on the Reds hat is (Benzinger ?) . So if you "Super Collect" it may be a card to look for.

I was surprised I just turned the card over and noticed mine is actually signed by Barry , not sure if all were.

Ryan

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1390276012.703833.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1390276067.433613.jpg

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Cool item.

Was the Yuengling Ice Cream lager flavored?

Funny, I just happened to notice this, they are re-releasing the ice cream soon, or it just came back onto the shelves. Big story out here by me... I wonder if they will re-release the cards too, that would be cool

Kid4hof03

Jan 10, 2014
Burlington, NJ
This is a great thread. I just read through it all today (snowed in), it's really interesting to see how broad many pc's are. I have collected Gary Carter for years, there are three items that I continue to search for:

1976 Redpath sugar packet (I have an uncut sheet but have never found an actual packet)
1988 Topps doubleheaders test
1989 Topps doubleheaders Yankees and Mets

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
No, I'm saying I have never seen a pin by itself without the baseball card, but still in original packaging. I've only ever seen those with the card. I have seen people selling just the pin, still on it's backing but out of the blister pack. But that's like people counting a starting lineup figure and card as two separate items.

I'm not sure about 1990, but I have some 92's that are just the pin, don't know if there is a difference there, for example

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1390347544.872528.jpg

Boo Radley

Jun 5, 2013
Cape Cod
Mike Greenwell:

1989 Topps Heads Up Test
1989 Leaf/Donruss Blue Chips

The Blue Chips are going to probably be literally impossible since there are 8 total variations and I've still never seen one. But I would be comfortable with one Leaf and one Donruss in the long run.

Arthur

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I actually do not have the 81 issue. however, you may not know about this one, as it is not cataloged like the 81 set, for some reason.

1980 Long Beach Telegram

Sorry if this is worse than not finding one, and adding another ultra tough item to the list to boot. I still need the Garvey/Carew from the set, but a collector with the entire set sent me a scan and that has to do for now un tip I find one (if I ever find one).

I own about 3/4 of the set, including the Fregosi/Lasorda, but it is not for sale or trade, sorry to say.

Some tough Jim Fregosi cards that I would love to find someday:

1964 Angels Team Issue #2

1965 Angels Matchbooks County National #1 (already have the Santa Ana variation)

1968 Topps Plaks #3

1969 Transogram Statue #14

1970 Transogram Statue #14B

1971 Angels Jack in the Box #4

1977 Pirates Post-Gazette Portraits #6

1981 Long Beach Press Telegram #26

There are a TON of other Fregosi cards I need, but these ones stand out in my mind.

khillyard

Jul 2, 2013
Midlothian, TX
For my Fred McGriff PC I am looking for these "Impossible Oddballs"

1988 Blue Jays Fire Safety French
1990 Topps All-Star Blackless
1993 U.S. Playing Cards Autographed
1995 Lykes Hot Dogs Standard
1995 Score Rules Jumbo

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts