Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Caught these d-bags searching packs at Target today....(pictures included)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I was standing next to them just watching them and they were huddled with greed. Some kid with his mom were trying to look and they were blocking him. I said to let the kid look and they asked if it was my kid and if not why do I care.....I simply called him and his nerd son, friend or lover (I couldn't tell) dirtbags looking for a .50 jersey card. Then took my pictures (flash off and phone on sound vibrate. The guy looks like he was humping the heritage packs. And notice the packs at the register and they hurried getting out of there....lol

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Terrible.

On another note, is it against the law for them to do that? Like if you told someone at Target, could they or would they stop them? I've never really thought about it.

Either way, those dudes are dirt bags

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Generally, adults on these boards frown heavily upon other adults searching packs.

What if you saw a couple of 13 year old kids searching packs at the local Target?

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Looks like that guard at the door was watching you take the picture also. They were watching you and not the searchers.

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
I've taken pictures at stores before including Target--they usually only worry if it's a bunch because that means you're comp shopping

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I was at WalMart the other day. Ours is recently remodeled and they have added an entire section by the new self-checkouts that has cards and hobby stuff. I went over there to see if they had any Archives blasters, and I wasn't standing there 15 seconds before some dude walked up talking my head off, and then he started telling me how you can feel the packs and see if their are any good cards in there. All I said was "Yeah, I don't do that." He kept talking and talking and I was desperate to get out of there ASAP. Just and uncomfortable situation all around.

Anytime I go to look at the cards at WalMart or Target I make it a point to keep my arms crossed and not touch anything unless I pick it up to purchase it. I don't buy single packs. If I buy anything it's a rack pack, and I always pick the first one instead of digging through them.

I don't want to be standing there and then see some pictures of me online accusing me of being a pack searcher.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I suppose one could argue that they're damaging product and making it unsellable. How would a grocery store deal with somebody going to the cookie section and squeezing all the bags, breaking the product inside?

- Rodrick

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
To play Devil's Advocate here.....

Yeah, we all know it's a ****** bag move to pack search. That's a given.

But to ask if it's illegal or against the rules of a Target or WalMart? I'm going to have to say that it is not. If someone isn't damaging the seal of the pack, or creasing the cards, I honestly cannot see how someone could literally get in trouble for it. *******? Yes. Illegal or punishable? No.

Someone brought up cookies earlier, so I will use a food analogy as well. Telling people they cannot pick what pack of cards they want out of an open box is like telling them they have to take the first onion, tomato, orange, or quart of strawberries that they grab from the produce section without inspecting it first.

The only way they'll ever stop this is to either stop selling cards altogether, or to put the cards behind a counter. And do you really think retail stores give a **** about packs of baseball cards that a vendor stocks? No. They don't. And they're never going to put them behind the counter at huge stores like this. It'd just be a ridiculous inconvenience, and not worth their time. Because then we'd have these ******* collectors making a huge ordeal out of it, by asking for the third pack down on the left side, because 'that's the one they always choose'.

Just don't buy baseball cards at a retail store. Problem solved.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
I was at WalMart the other day. Ours is recently remodeled and they have added an entire section by the new self-checkouts that has cards and hobby stuff. I went over there to see if they had any Archives blasters, and I wasn't standing there 15 seconds before some dude walked up talking my head off, and then he started telling me how you can feel the packs and see if their are any good cards in there. All I said was "Yeah, I don't do that." He kept talking and talking and I was desperate to get out of there ASAP. Just and uncomfortable situation all around.

Anytime I go to look at the cards at WalMart or Target I make it a point to keep my arms crossed and not touch anything unless I pick it up to purchase it. I don't buy single packs. If I buy anything it's a rack pack, and I always pick the first one instead of digging through them.

I don't want to be standing there and then see some pictures of me online accusing me of being a pack searcher.

It just seems odd that you go through that much trouble to NOT look like a pack searcher.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This topic always strikes me as interesting to be honest. Also, just to be clear, I think it's stupid to pack search and for grown a$$ men to be doing it at a Target or Walmart is just stupid and childish and idiotic to be honest. I just don't get it.

That all said, why does this get us so upset? Is it because we picture a young kid getting robbed of the hit? Is it because we don't like that someone can stack the deck and get hits when we continue to get burned time and time again by Topps when buying product in a legit way? Is it because we feel like they're stealing from the store? Or is it just a moral thing?

I wonder why I and others get so mad at this. I guess seeing pictures just adds more to it lol

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
This topic always strikes me as interesting to be honest. Also, just to be clear, I think it's stupid to pack search and for grown a$$ men to be doing it at a Target or Walmart is just stupid and childish and idiotic to be honest. I just don't get it.

That all said, why does this get us so upset? Is it because we picture a young kid getting robbed of the hit? Is it because we don't like that someone can stack the deck and get hits when we continue to get burned time and time again by Topps when buying product in a legit way? Is it because we feel like they're stealing from the store? Or is it just a moral thing?

I wonder why I and others get so mad at this. I guess seeing pictures just adds more to it lol

I do not agree with pack searching.

However, I also don't get really worked up about it or even think about it much.

I guess it's just the integrity of the whole thing. It's not much more of a stretch to go from pack searching to being a deceptive, sleazy person in general.

Members online