Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Lifetime Membership Gold Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DukeofNaples

Jul 31, 2014
I am looking for some advice, I have a Boston Red Sox - Felix Maldonado lifetime membership gold card that I would either like to get it appraised or sold or both. Where is the best place to start? Any advice?
image.jpg

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I am looking for some advice, I have a Boston Red Sox - Felix Maldonado lifetime membership gold card that I would either like to get it appraised or sold or both. Where is the best place to start? Any advice?
View attachment 38751

You may want to check out this thread on the Net54 boards

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=160689&highlight=gold

The pass you have would probably fall into the 200 dollar range. Unless the person named on the pass is a known name or even a star, you would be hard pressed to get much beyond the 2-300 dollar range for it.

These are great collectibles and the one you have is very cool. Have you done any research on the person named on it?

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
They are special to the recipient as well as to collectors. There are also rare as these are basically rewards to employees for a service in baseball that are just not given out to anyone. In the seven years I worked in MLB I saw very few passes and it was usually only for a few players that played for years and then served in some capacity for the team or league for a large number of years after their careers ended. These gold passes are probably the equivalent of gold watches one would get in the old days upon retirement from a company after a long career with that company.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I ran into Willie Horton at Safeco field years back. I was there at security waiting to get in, as my company was a vendor at the stadium at the time. I recognized him and we chatted for a brief moment. He had what I now assume was one and showed it to me then. i know it was a pass to enter any stadium, but I don't remember if it was gold.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Why couldn't you just use it?

Go up to the gate and say, "I would like to get in. I have this pass. "

They would say, "Are you Mr. Maldonado?"

To which you would reply, "No, I am the 'And one'." 😄

It could work.

Very cool item BTW

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I feel like one of these was auctioned off with Ted Williams' personal collection a few years back? I've heard of them but this is certainly the best pic I've seen. Very cool

Aug 3, 2014
View attachment 38751

If you'd like to sell it, I have a buyer who would be very interested. Send me a personal message if that holds your interest. Nice pass by the way!

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Yep, any National or American league game and that is assuming it is not a sold out game or anything like that. It is subject to availability but I can guaranty you, unless it is a special or post season game, the correct holder of that pass gets in the park.

Very neat.So reciepient could have seat anywhere in stadium?

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Photobyjoeybats19Instagram_20130521-144944_original.png

Aug 3, 2014
Each team honors the lifetime passes in different ways. The Red Sox, for instance, allow the bearer and one (if applicable) into the stadium, but without seats. Some clubs are more generous than others. Minor league teams often recognize major league passes too. Some MLB teams recognize minor league passes. It's up to each club's policy.

Members online