Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*^*^*^*^*^*^ Friday Morning Thread *^*^*^*^*^*^

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
SO, I bought that Dizzy Dean signed 1914 $5 bill. $90.

$30 eBay bucks. Did $75 in side cash work today so it was covered. When it comes in, I'll evaluate it before sending it for slabbing. I guess I'll start shopping my current Dean slabbed auto.
[MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION]

What's your slab look like? I'm curious. Dean on the bill looks good to me. The bill alone has to be worth some money

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
SO, I bought that Dizzy Dean signed 1914 $5 bill. $90.

$30 eBay bucks. Did $75 in side cash work today so it was covered. When it comes in, I'll evaluate it before sending it for slabbing. I guess I'll start shopping my current Dean slabbed auto.
[MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION]

Adam
One of PSA's October specials is $18 for autograph slabbing any item under $250 value.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
:(

Dizzy Dean is a $75 fee.

The Reese will be a $12 discount, though.

Unless you are in a rush to get it slabbed for return purposes I'd hold off subbing both and wait for a group sub that one of the members on the psa boards runs about every 4-6 months. He usually gets a deal where each item is $12 and you'd probably get the Dean in for that same $12 price.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I'm still trying to figure out what happened to the other 5,000 Lakes........ :confused:

dadscamara290_zpsb21fb11c.jpg

A_Pharis

Adam, thoughts on this piece.

"Mel" is perfect. I don't like the "O" - at all - just because I've never seen one THAT jacked up. Thing is, though, is if someone were faking an Ott, his last name is much easier since it's just a series of loops with a kick up to cross the T's.

The Mel would be much more difficult with the flourish on the "M" while remaining fluid on the curved first arch and sharp second arch.

That said - I like it. The type of pen looks period, too.

A_Pharis

[MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION] - couldn't help but look up the seller. He's sold a slabbed Ott recently. That said, the slabbed Ott has the different style crossing of the T's. Ott did them both ways. If he were the one trying to fake the unslabbed Ott, you'd think he'd try to stick to the easier style of crossing T's.

I've always said that Ott is my #1 - above Ruth. Go for it.

Members online

Latest posts