Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Good morning.

Since I moved a couple of weeks ago, last night was the first time I was able to sit down and start looking at what I have/need for my 2009 Ultimate Patch set..

I see I am down to 12 cards to complete the set.. the big one I need is Jeter.. (Ouch)

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Good morning.

Since I moved a couple of weeks ago, last night was the first time I was able to sit down and start looking at what I have/need for my 2009 Ultimate Patch set..

I see I am down to 12 cards to complete the set.. the big one I need is Jeter.. (Ouch)

Which other ones do you need?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I have no idea what happened. I put in 3 offers up to 400 and then he changed to a BIN for 350.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Let me know how it looks in person! IMO if it's a jacket it makes it cooler - one of the nicest Teddy jacket patches I've seen.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
It is from a jacket and it is a very cool card! Nice pickups! Nothing wrong with impulse buying, I do it all he time ;) 350 is pretty reasonable for the teddy, it's a great card and patch!

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
any ideas on the matching jacket?

It is possible it is from the auction ryan posted, but in my oponion it isn't. Donruss purchased a Ted williams jacket and started using it in cards in 2004-2005. They didn't use it a whole lot because they also had a couple jerseys. After donruss was no longer able to produce baseball cards I'm pretty sure there should have been alot of that jacket material left. Since panini purchased the old donruss vault there should have been plenty of ted williams material left from 2004-2005. If you find jacket cards from 2004-2005 they look very similar to the card you just bought

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Which other ones do you need?

2009 MLB Ultimate Patch
UP-CK Clayton Kershaw Dodgers Ultimate Patch xx/35 (just missed out on this one)
UP-DE Dennis Eckersley Athletics Ultimate Patch xx/35 (did this get made?)
UP-DJ Derek Jeter Yankees Ultimate Patch x/5 (my offer wasn't accepted)
UP-FR Rollie Fingers Athletics Ultimate Patch xx/35 (did this get made?)
UP-GP Gaylord Perry Mariners Ultimate Patch xx/35 (did this get made?)
UP-IV Ivan Rodriguez Astros Ultimate Patch xx/35
UP-JG Jason Giambi Athletics Ultimate Patch xx/35 (I believe I bought this one, just in a box somewhere)
UP-JS John Smoltz Red Sox Ultimate Patch xx/35
UP-MC Miguel Cabrera Tigers Ultimate Patch xx/35 (did this get made?)
UP-MP Pedro Martinez Phillies Ultimate Patch xx/35
UP-PJ Jake Peavy Padres Ultimate Patch xx/35
UP-VW Vernon Wells Blue Jays Ultimate Patch xx/10

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
It is possible it is from the auction ryan posted, but in my oponion it isn't. Donruss purchased a Ted williams jacket and started using it in cards in 2004-2005. They didn't use it a whole lot because they also had a couple jerseys. After donruss was no longer able to produce baseball cards I'm pretty sure there should have been alot of that jacket material left. Since panini purchased the old donruss vault there should have been plenty of ted williams material left from 2004-2005. If you find jacket cards from 2004-2005 they look very similar to the card you just bought

It def could be from an earlier jacket. I didn't dig too much

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
2009 MLB Ultimate Patch
UP-CK Clayton Kershaw Dodgers Ultimate Patch xx/35 (just missed out on this one)
UP-DE Dennis Eckersley Athletics Ultimate Patch xx/35 (did this get made?)
UP-DJ Derek Jeter Yankees Ultimate Patch x/5 (my offer wasn't accepted)
UP-FR Rollie Fingers Athletics Ultimate Patch xx/35 (did this get made?)
UP-GP Gaylord Perry Mariners Ultimate Patch xx/35 (did this get made?)
UP-IV Ivan Rodriguez Astros Ultimate Patch xx/35
UP-JG Jason Giambi Athletics Ultimate Patch xx/35 (I believe I bought this one, just in a box somewhere)
UP-JS John Smoltz Red Sox Ultimate Patch xx/35
UP-MC Miguel Cabrera Tigers Ultimate Patch xx/35 (did this get made?)
UP-MP Pedro Martinez Phillies Ultimate Patch xx/35
UP-PJ Jake Peavy Padres Ultimate Patch xx/35
UP-VW Vernon Wells Blue Jays Ultimate Patch xx/10

I'm pretty sure the eckersly, perry, and fingers never got made. I have never seen a copy and I've looked regular since 2009

Members online