Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Custom Cards Tournament - The Pick Wins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Second tourney ive been in.. second one im not even sure i can vote for my own card.
The coolness factor of the toothpick is awesome, given the short description. Beeing a booklet though is a major distraction for me.
The star wars card is a Mouchi custom he posted a few years back. Absolutely fell in love with the other one he had but I was more than happy to pick up either.

Last edited:

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Second tourney ive been in.. second one im not even sure i can vote for my own card.
The coolness factor of

I hear you on this! I'm not voting because I can't vote for one of my custom children and against another, lol. I LOVE the Princess Leia, (and if my son were here, he would totally vote for it just because he is quite possibly the biggest Star Wars nerd on the planet (and I think he probably helped me some on it!)

The UL Washington, on the other hand, is in my opinion the epitome of a custom card. @U L Washington Rookie came to me with this idea, and that is just what makes customs so fun. Doing something that the major card companies haven't done, and likely never will do. My only qualm is that I wish he would have sent the toothpick to be chomped on by Washington for a few seconds first :) "Player-Chewed Toothpick".

UL Washington Rookie, I was wondering which one you were going to enter with, and I'm glad you used this one!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
The coolness factor of the toothpick is awesome, given the short description. Beeing a booklet though is a major distraction for me.
The star wars card is a Mouchi custom he posted a few years back. Absolutely fell in love with the other one he had but I was more than happy to pick up either.

I don't think the toothpick is a booklet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I don't think the toothpick is a booklet

Correct - it is a pic of the front and back. I think I hit quote on his response before he was finished typing because I didn't see him saying that.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Toothpick. I admire that it's a certified toothpick, and not just some questionable sliver of wood.

Execution on the card is almost flawless IMO, although I wonder if the full toothpick could have been imbedded if it was a long, thin window across bottom of card. But damn, sharp looking Heritage styling!

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
OK, let's pick our finalist from this bracket.

attachment.php

We have the Slaughter
attachment.php

Against the 'pick
attachment.php

Voting is open until 11PM ET on 19-Jul.

Attachments

• Bracket - New.jpg
    Bracket - New.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 77
  • George_Calfas - Sized.jpg
    George_Calfas - Sized.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 131
  • U L Washington Rookie - Sized.jpg
    U L Washington Rookie - Sized.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Bracket - New.jpg
    Bracket - New.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Sticking with the toothpick. Slaughter is fantastic and love how the pic was utilized with the cut in the design but......toothpick is so well done

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
A Calfas Duo! Wow, tough choice all around as both cards are great. I'm going with the UL Toothpick on this one bough. Super unique and such a beautiful card design, like something you would find in Heritage. What a great matchup!

Members online