Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The New Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abbott1979

Jan 3, 2024
San Antonio
As many others, I collected when I was younger then stopped as I went to college. My dad died a few years ago, and after getting past that I started looking at his cards again and it renewed my interest in the hobby.

He was a collector of Jim Abbott and had many cards which I first organized then later started continuing the build. I was shocked with how many cards have been made since Abbott retired. I have been scooping up the missing pieces after compiling my list from TCDB, but I can see it's going to take years to track them all down (if ever).

I joined to have a fellowship with others who suffer this insanity and hopefully find unique avenues to track down hard to find cards.

Thanks and look forward to chatting!

Dave

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
He played at Hickory Crawdads . I got to talk regular with him ----I 'll try to dig out his cards that I have . Might take some time --that box in bottom of 20 3200 counts with about ten other in front of . I think my son was bat boy or clubhouse when he was here .

Abbott1979

Jan 3, 2024
San Antonio
He played at Hickory Crawdads . I got to talk regular with him ----I 'll try to dig out his cards that I have . Might take some time --that box in bottom of 20 3200 counts with about ten other in front of . I think my son was bat boy or clubhouse when he was here .
I'm actually missing his Hickory Crawdads card!

If you find a bunch of cards I'll be a buyer in any case. I never got to meet the man but from all accounts it sounded like he was a great person.

Members online

Latest posts