Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

January 2024 arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Took 1 off my 2024 hobby goals a few days before the year started. Received today.
2007 topps chrome red refractor /99
Amazingly the lowest # parallel besides the Super. Topps was crazy odd in the late 2000's

View attachment 353357
07 topps is 1 of the best looking sets ever. Chrome improves on that, and the red white and blue refractors are icing on the cake.

The 2007 Topps Chrome Red Refractors are some of the nicest-looking refractors ever made, the color absolutely pops and there is a lot of border space to show it off. I like that they are /99, so they aren't crazy expensive compared to some other sets. And I had forgotten a little about the Blues, those are pretty great, too.

07tcredrefpiazza.jpg swisher07tcredref.jpg 07tcredref.jpg 07tcredrefgg.jpg

07tcredrefbradley.jpg 07tcredref.jpg blanton07tcredref.jpg haren07tcredref.jpg haren07tcredrefb.jpg

The 2006 set looks pretty decent but the border space is smaller. In 2008 they were lazy and didn't do the etching around the player so that loses major points. 2009 and 2010 had some nice pop but again, smaller borders to work with.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I never seen those cards before
They are pretty common, especially blank back and Isaly's/Sweet Williams backs. Just search "MSA disc" on ebay and be prepared to dive down the rabbit hole.

Today brings a near set of 81 TCMA Sailors (Mariners minor league). Bud Black may be the key card, but a few future Mariners too with Karl Best, Matt Young, Dave Valle, Mario Diaz, Al Chambers and the 1 missing card, Paul Serna.

81 TCMA Lynn Sailors Lot.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A very solid mail day, but no baseball.

Been trying to land one of these for a while. First one at a price i liked came creased. This one was a hair cheaper and arrived perfectly! Bud Grant certified auto.
B Grant.jpg

George "Ice Man" Gervin /99 on that funky Studio Heritage design
Gervin 99.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Just won this photo of Lefty Grove at RMY tonight (best auction for baseball photos). In the conversation for best pitcher of all-time.

Attachments

• Grove, Lefty Photo.jpg
    Grove, Lefty Photo.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 4

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
After discovering that I in fact had not completed the set, I ended up buying a full set! Seller had a higher opening bid on it with no bites. He lowered it to $500, so I figured why not. Its just under $23 per card at opening bid price. Of course, I didn't factor in shipping and taxes, which raised that per card price a little more. I added a slightly higher snipe bid, but figured if someone wanted this, i'd probably lose. Nobody else bid, so for about $25 a card, I got it.

It was a pretty hefty purchase for me, who likes to dwell in the bargain basement most of the time. Now, I am 2 short of 2 sets! Banks & Mattingly.View attachment 353351

I remember opening my first pack of ‘97 Donruss Signature and pulling the Mattingly Significant Signature as my auto. Last I knew, it’s at my parents with my other cards. I definitely need to go back soon and look.

Last edited:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Some eBay stuff from my beginning of the month buying spree:

011524-01.jpg
Eck finally completes the 1996 Leaf Gold Press Proofs team set. He was the last one I needed for a couple of years, not sure why it was so hard to find other than the normal reason of the golds being so difficult to tell apart from the bronzes. A couple of Pacific Tejada parallels...still need 3 (including Rickey) for 1998 Paramount Platinum Blue and quite a few for 2000 Pacific Premiere Date. 1998 Collector's Choice Prime Choice Reserve 398/500 completes the 2-card team set, these are MUCH tougher than /500 cards should be. They only parallel 18 'Rookie Class' cards from Series 2. 1950 Bowman Joe Tipton...I'm trying to fill my '48-51 Philadelphia A's Bowman needs this year, we'll see how well I do. Lastly, one that I only found out existed just recently, a 1994 Stadium Club Super Team Members Only A's card.

011524-02.jpg
2005 Topps Chrome Rich Harden Cyan Printing Plate...I have over a dozen Harden plates from various sets so I only go after them now if they're super cheap or from a set I like. Couldn't pass up going after Topps Chrome. 2005 Bowman Chrome Draft Gold Refractor Travis Buck 41/50. That gets by 2005 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor needs down to 2 cards, I've been really lucky finding stuff from this set lately. 2005 Topps Cracker Jack Blue Mini Kevin Melillo 03/50, just starting on that set so I've got a ways to go. 2008 UD Gold 93/99 Andrew Brown gets me 4 away from that team set. And a couple of Blue Refractors from team sets I'm working on this year.

011524-03.jpg
Some 2023 Topps and Topps Update goodies.

011524-04.jpg
Some more 2023 stuff.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Purchased Don Baylor's personal collection of lineup cards from his time as Rockies manager. It was a mix of dugout lineup cards and umpire lineup cards.

Highlights included: 1st game in Diamondbacks history, Bobby Abreu 1st career HR, Larry Walker 3-HR game (MVP season) along with lots of other Walker HR games, Helton rookie season games, Rolen rookie season games and HR's from guys like Bonds, Piazza etc.

I'll likely hold on to some of the more significant games, though I will be offering many of the others for sale (in the BST section)

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
The last thing I needed, but I have always liked the 1978s better than the 1977 RC Cola cans, the ones with the baseball instead of the square under their images. This set is massive though, 100 cans, compared to the 70 can set from 1977. This was a large lot that was cheap, with cheap s/h. That almost never happens, so i wernt for it. It was supposed to be 50 different, but I am sure I saw several dupes as I unpacked them. A bit bummed, but not the end of the world.
View attachment 353185
I love the RC Cola cans as Andre Dawson is in them!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
011924.jpg
Various arrivals over the past few days. Another 2000 Pacific Premiere Date/37, Matt Stairs. 2003 Leaf Blue Press Proof Scott Hatteberg 13/50, only need 2 more for that set now but they are David Justice and Rickey Henderson so that's difficult. 2020 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor auto Robert Puason was a monster card a few years ago but he's been a total dud so his prices have tanked. 2005 Cracker Jack Blue Joe Blanton 07/50, I still need 6 to complete that team set. And another '50 Bowman pickup, Pete Suder.

Members online

Latest posts