Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

February 2024 Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
020124-1.jpg 020124-2.jpg
A 1/1 from his playing career is always a big pickup for my Trent Dilfer collection - 2006 Topps Turkey Red Suede 1/1.

020124-3.jpg
2004 Ultra Platinum Medallions have been really difficult for me to find, plus there are a lot of unnumbered replacement cards floating around that get in the way. Keith Foulke 63/66 gets my team set needs down to 5.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Another Pepsi club item, but turns out I already had one. Piniella Pepsi.jpg

Also got this Bottle hanger that explains how those 5 player iron on strips were obtained. Must not have been a wildly popular promotion, because they are quite hard to find, especially some of the better sheets.RC Door Hanger.jpg

Can't remember if I shred this, but a program with autos of Lynn Swann, Steve Garvey and a couple others inside. Superstar 77 mrm.jpg

Lofton Archives aU. Lofton Au.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Not new purchases, but got some tickets graded by PSA. Here is a selection of them.

• Jackie Robinson UCLA ticket (got a few of these graded)
  • 1944 Army vs Navy All-Star series in Hawaii
  • Miguel Cabrera MLB debut
  • Clayton Kershaw 1st career win
  • Pearl Harbor Day
  • 9/11/2001 Yankees ticket

Attachments

• 1939 Jackie Robinson UCLA Nov 25 - Copy.jpg
    1939 Jackie Robinson UCLA Nov 25 - Copy.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 1944 Navy Army All-Star Sept 22 - Copy.jpg
    1944 Navy Army All-Star Sept 22 - Copy.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Cabrera, Miguel MLB Debut Season Ticket PSA 8 - Copy.jpg
    Cabrera, Miguel MLB Debut Season Ticket PSA 8 - Copy.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Clayton Kershaw 1st career win.jpg
    Clayton Kershaw 1st career win.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Pearl Harbor Day Ticket Giants Dodgers - Copy.jpg
    Pearl Harbor Day Ticket Giants Dodgers - Copy.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Yankees 9.11.2001 2.jpg
    Yankees 9.11.2001 2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 9

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I've hoped to find some of these for a long time. Just a bit earlier than my hobby participation, otherwise maybe i would have clipped some myself. Sadly, the expansion club was pretty weak in any recognizable names in the very beginning. Jim Zorn might have been one of the bigger names, although Ahmad Rashad is my favorite, being a Viking fan as well. Then there was Steve Raible, who went on to a long broadcasting career in Seattle after football. Dave Brown would be another good one to get, a very early appearance for the CB who had a decent career. A few others maybe a couple people outside Seattle would recognize and thats it.

I ended up finding a guy selling a good number of them that had been glued into a scrap book. I was a little late to the party and missed a few, but ended up offering on the remaining lot of 27 or so, including Rashad.

Hawks PI Lot.png

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Worth every nickel of whatever you paid. Beckett is not even close on these price wise.

Love those iron ons @mrmopar

Beckett has the ol' "n/a" pricing on this set, but you're right in general - they don't even make a minimal attempt to track values of older parallels when they get popular. 1998 Precious Metal Gems commons are $30, for example.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Added an O'Neill 1998 Tek Pattern, puts me at 89/90 of base set. Down to needing just pattern #74.

2021 Topps Heritage High Number Jameson Taillon Black -- Limited to a print run of 50, non-numbered, couldn't pass up for $3 copy #3 for the collection.

s-l1600.png

2004 Cracker Jack Blue Mariano Rivera -- Another non-numbered rare parallel. 20th anniversary of this set, love the Warhol-esque look of this Rivera. 1:10 odds.

s-l800.jpg

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
This arrived yesterday actually and I forgot all about it. Love the 1995 design of Bowman’s Best (which seems like a common theme with the past few releases of Bowman’s Best).

Can’t really tell from the scan but it’s a refractor with the dreaded refractor line towards the top.

IMG_7611.jpeg

Members online

Latest posts