Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

April 2024 Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Cool and underappreciated /75 gold insert. Not jersey #, but #20/75 is cool as its his 20 K record. If i cant get jersey #s, 20 and 84 are cool to a lesser extent.

Attachments

• 20240401_200556.jpg
    20240401_200556.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240401_200639.jpg
    20240401_200639.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 14

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I might as well just cancel the rest of the year for pickups. I had my collecting year made today.

A gentleman reached out through my website a little over a week ago, said he had a Jeff Frye for me that was on my Needs list, and he wanted to send it to me free of charge to help me get closer to completing my checklist. He used to collect Jeff a little bit when he was with the Sox. He said he also had a 1 of 1 of Jeff I didn't have listed that he was sending. I had no idea the 1/1 existed. I tried to make him a fair offer which he refused, then tried to get him to at least let me pay shipping, and that was refused as well.

These arrived today.

He didn't just have "a card". He had my white whale for a Jeff Frye card. I honestly thought I'd never see a Starting 9, much less have a fellow collector send me his out of his Red Sox collection for nothing. I don't do the jersey number thing but it's even his jersey number too. I'm more excited about this card than I am the 1929 Churchman Babe Ruth I got in January.

1999 Fleer Tradition Starting 9 Front.jpg1999 Fleer Tradition Starting 9 Back.jpg

2001 Topps National 1 of 1 Front.jpg 2001 Topps National 1 of 1 Back.jpg

Then there's the rest of my mail today. It's kind of meh in comparison, at least for me lol.

1934 Kurmark Moderne Schonheitsgalarie Series 1 Anna May Wong
Anna May Wong.jpg

2001 eTopps Albert Pujols RC /5,000
2001 eTopps BGS 8.5.jpg

Last edited:

MrMet2.0

Oct 28, 2021
Here
I might as well just cancel the rest of the year for pickups. I had my collecting year made today.

A gentleman reached out through my website a little over a week ago, said he had a Jeff Frye for me that was on my Needs list, and he wanted to send it to me free of charge to help me get closer to complete. He used to collect Jeff a little bit when he was with the Sox. He said he also had a 1 of 1 of Jeff I didn't have listed that he was sending. I had no idea the 1/1 existed. I tried to make him a fair offer which he refused, then tried to get him to at least let me pay shipping, and that was refused as well.

These arrived today.

He didn't just have "a card". He had my white whale for a Jeff Frye card. I honestly thought I'd never see a Starting 9, much less have a fellow collector send me his out of his Red Sox collection for nothing. I don't do the jersey number thing but it's even his jersey number too. I'm more excited about this card than I am the 1929 Churchman Babe Ruth I got in January.

View attachment 355664View attachment 355665

View attachment 355666 View attachment 355667

Then there's the rest of my mail today. It's kind of meh in comparison, at least for me lol.

View attachment 355668

View attachment 355670

Kudos to that dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI

A gentleman reached out through my website a little over a week ago, said he had a Jeff Frye for me that was on my Needs list, and he wanted to send it to me free of charge to help me get closer to complete. He used to collect Jeff a little bit when he was with the Sox. He said he also had a 1 of 1 of Jeff I didn't have listed that he was sending. I had no idea the 1/1 existed. I tried to make him a fair offer which he refused, then tried to get him to at least let me pay shipping, and that was refused as well.

These arrived today.

View attachment 355668

View attachment 355670
Really awesome and amazing ! Congrats, especially on Jersey #!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
OMG!

No wait, OMFG!

That's a great story. Maybe not every human being sucks as much as I think they do :)

A gentleman reached out through my website a little over a week ago, said he had a Jeff Frye for me that was on my Needs list, and he wanted to send it to me free of charge to help me get closer to completing my checklist. He used to collect Jeff a little bit when he was with the Sox. He said he also had a 1 of 1 of Jeff I didn't have listed that he was sending. I had no idea the 1/1 existed. I tried to make him a fair offer which he refused, then tried to get him to at least let me pay shipping, and that was refused as well.

These arrived today.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Back from a quick vacation trip. Had a few items waiting for me. Great story of the Frye starting 9 too. Nice when collectors help each other out.

b gIBSON 100.pngCowens mrm.jpgZimmerman.jpgC Mullins emailed 3.20.jpgLottery Fleer.jpg
Gibson /100
Zimmerman is tougher than you'd expect. Apparently this is the HOFers only certified card.
Fleer lottery card, back when redemptions were cool (and fulfilled in a timely manner)!

I decided to take a chance on this, hoping there would be something cool that I didn't notice or can't see from the image. Its a lot of various mailings that would be sent to fans requesting information from the team back in the day.
Schedule Lot.jpg

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska

These arrived today.

View attachment 355668

View attachment 355670
Holy crap man! An Amazing gesture by that collector. Big ups to them and some amazing karma being spread around here. Love to see it, and congratulations!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
040724-1.jpg
2005 Topps Turkey Red Gold Steven Bondurant 44/50 brings me within 3 of completing the team set. 2022 Topps Pro Debut Chrome Gold Refractor Max Muncy 26/50 finishes all A's minor leaguers from the set. 2007 Sweet Spot Classic Gus Zernial 207/575 is one I missed up until a year or two ago. 2019 Topps Chrome Gold Refractor Blake Treinen 05/50 still leaves me 5 short of the team set.

040724-2.jpg
Some recent stuff that I like.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Really excited to pick up these two photos of Joe DiMaggio during his time as a soldier in WWII.

The first photo features: Walt Judnich, Jerry Priddy, Joe DiMaggio, Dario Lodigiani, and Mike McCormick.

The latter featured DiMaggio coming home on a HR in his first game in Hawaii. The legend (which seems to be true to the best of my knowledge) is that the catcher tipped DiMaggio off about what pitch was coming.

Attachments

• DiMaggio, Joe military photo.jpg
    DiMaggio, Joe military photo.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DiMaggio, Joe AA7 HR photo - 1st game in Hawaii.jpg
    DiMaggio, Joe AA7 HR photo - 1st game in Hawaii.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts