Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big Fail by Topps - Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown Relic Autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
guys will really gripe about anything won't you? That card is sweet as hell looking. If one of you gets one and is so dissatisfied with it, please sell it to me!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know, but for me, diecuts and cards that are clear or see through really do it for me. I'm not sure why but I get stuck on that technology every time and will religiously buy cards made as such. One of the major reasons I'm happy to see Leaf utilizing diecuts with their football stuff this year. Some really neat designs. And I have loved the Panini Elite autos on clear cards. I'm glad to see topps doing this on more and more cards. Hey, 90's stuff is hot and at least they are trending back to it. This hobby is like cereal flavors. Everything has been done before. Can't get mad at a company for trying to replicate what is hot or what people want.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
You guys are honestly beyond not-picky...that is a SWEET card. Yes on card would be better but definitely not a fail. That thing is sick

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I too also think that is a sweet card. Like what homerun28aa said on card would of been better but the sticker looks good on there too. i bet this looks alot better in person too.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
They had years to plan for a card when a guy got the triple crown and this was the best they could do?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Years to plan? A bit of an exaggeration there, don't ya think? (Much like some of the reactions in this thread.) I highly doubt Topps was calling meetings just to discuss what a card would look like in the event someone won the Triple Crown at an indeterminable point in the future prior to Miggy's title.

With that said, I've definitely seen worse.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Years to plan? A bit of an exaggeration there, don't ya think? (Much like some of the reactions in this thread.) I highly doubt Topps was calling meetings just to discuss what a card would look like in the event someone won the Triple Crown at an indeterminable point in the future prior to Miggy's title.

With that said, I've definitely seen worse. Not their best work, but it's not "horrible, ugly, worst card ever".

While I would prefer a crown die cut like they did a few years back (maybe a gold refractor type). my problem isn't the card design or sticker. It's the swatch. It just looks crammed in there. A full photo would be more appealing to me. That said its shiny and today's market loves shiny.

I'm old Greg

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
While I would prefer a crown die cut like they did a few years back (maybe a gold refractor type). my problem isn't the card design or sticker. It's the swatch. It just looks crammed in there. A full photo would be more appealing to me. That said its shiny and today's market loves shiny.

I hadn't noticed but upon closer inspection it looks like the swatch is part of a baseball diamond, which is kinda cool.

Members online

Latest posts