Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2023 Topps Archives Hobby Box. Decent autos.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I'm sure you know the drill. The primary designs for this product are 1956, 1965, and ugh 2003. 24 packs per box with 2 guaranteed on card autos.

So here's the gist of the break...

Notable RCs: Corbin Carroll, Gunnar Henderson, Anthony Volpe, Jordan Walker
Rainbow Foil Parallel #/199: Emmanuel Valdez
Aqua Sparkle Foil Parallel #/75: Xander Bogarts
1965 Inverted Image Variation: Honus Wagner
1954 Topps Tarzan 3D: Brett Baty, Miguel Cabrera, Bryce Harper, Kyle Tucker
1957 Topps Hit Stars: Ty Cobb, Kirby Puckett, Tris Speaker
1979 Topps Comics: Roberto Clemente, Mark McGwire, Max Scherzer
1989 Topps Double Headers: A.Pujols/P.Goldschmidt, B.Ruth/L.Gehrig, J.Verlander/M.Scherzer
1997 Topps Season's Best: Ty Cobb
1998 Topps Baby Boomers: Jordan Walker

And the autos are "Fan Favorites" Tim Kirkjian (1996 design) and "Baby Boomers" Gunnar Henderson.

Overall thoughts: I can't complain hitting autos of a prominent ESPN reporter and the current AL ROY. As usual, this product has a retro feel and caters to old school collectors. One big drawback though is the QC is horrendous and many cards had noticeable print lines, though the autos were unscathed. Another pet peeve is that half of the fan favorites autos checklist is now comprised of current players that I never heard of. That used to be a staple for retired veterans. They also seem to be running out of ideas for inserts. Tarzan, seriously? Despite these issues, this remains my favorite product to rip each year.

Members online

Latest posts