Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Bowman chrome cases on ebay WOW!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
For a product that comes out in a five months? I'd prefer not to let them hold my funds for that long with no recourse. Nice feedback, yes, but this could be the ultimate payoff for the seller.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
For a product that comes out in a five months? I'd prefer not to let them hold my funds for that long with no recourse. Nice feedback, yes, but this could be the ultimate payoff for the seller.

Wondering if its a Loan or a scam?
Did you check out his completed auctions for Bowman Chrome & Bowman Platinum?

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Yeah the buyer has, what, 45 days to file a claim? No way would I pre-order a product that far in advance unless it was from Blowout. Could be another mamabear or whoever her name was

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Maybe I'm missing something but it appears the auction is not for a 5 case lot. Rather, there are 5 cases available. So the seller is trying to pull a fast one. $3,500 gets you one case.

Edit: In fact, he says this:

"MY DISTRIBUTOR ONLY ORDERED (20) CASES AND IS HAVING ME SELL THEM FOR HIM."

Well there are 5 available BINs for that listing which would equal 25 cases. I'm pretty sure he's trying to pull a fast one with the wording.

Last edited:

WaxPax

Auction title and sub title

[h=1]2013 BOWMAN CHROME (8) BOX JUMBO HOBBY CASE!!! WOW ALL CHROME CARDS!!![/h]
[h=2]THIS AUCTION IS FOR 5 CASES!!! GET THEM NOW!!![/h]
Either way something smells fishy....

Maybe I'm missing something but it appears the auction is not for a 5 case lot. Rather, there are 5 cases available. So the seller is trying to pull a fast one. $3,500 gets you one case.

Well there are 5 available BINs for that listing which would equal 25 cases. I'm pretty sure he's trying to pull a fast one with the wording.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
The whole damn thing stinks on ice.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I just emailed him and I asked if I buy all 5 lots he listed for $3500 ea, that I would get 25 cases and he Yes, said that is correct..

Still think it would be a loan or downright scam,
He is selling cases under cost.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Here is a simple question... can you sell something on eBay you don't actually have? Just curious if that's in the small print somewhere.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Here is a simple question... can you sell something on eBay you don't actually have? Just curious if that's in the small print somewhere.

[h=3]Does PayPal permit transactions for pre-sale items?[/h]
A pre-sale item is advertised for sale before the seller actually has the item. Often, these items are sold before they are available to the general public.

A seller might use the money from the pre-sale of an item to purchase the item.

PayPal permits pre-sales on a limited basis as long as the seller:

Guarantees shipment within 20 days from the date of purchase.
Clearly identifies the item as a pre-sale.
Provides proof, if needed, that they can successfully deliver the product (supplier information, purchase invoices, shipping information, or delivery confirmation).

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Does PayPal permit transactions for pre-sale items?

A pre-sale item is advertised for sale before the seller actually has the item. Often, these items are sold before they are available to the general public.

A seller might use the money from the pre-sale of an item to purchase the item.

PayPal permits pre-sales on a limited basis as long as the seller:

Guarantees shipment within 20 days from the date of purchase.
Clearly identifies the item as a pre-sale.
Provides proof, if needed, that they can successfully deliver the product (supplier information, purchase invoices, shipping information, or delivery confirmation).

So clearly what he is doing doesn't follow this...

Simply put...if you have the money there really is no risk here.

I'm assuming you're joking here.

A_Pharis

The real risk is (a) when you buy the pre-sale and (b) the rep of the seller. Keep in mind that the eBay rule states the product has to be released within 20 days of the pre-sale. I think PayPal only covers you for 30... so, if you buy a product longer than 20 days ou then you are having to put trust in the seller.

Members online

Latest posts