Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors-Boxes or Binders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I don't remember the price but can get that in a day or 2. Can get any thing you want on the top

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Binders and boxes for me. I enjoy the act of reshuffling when I get a new card. That gives me a chance to look at them again. I use 3 row shoe boxes for all memorabilia/gu cards. They are stored in toploaders and single-screw holders. I also don't use traditional binders. I like the archival binders. Here is a pic.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Both until I get my safe and pony up for holders for all cards (toploaders for commons and 1 screws/snap tites for for everything else).

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I like boxes for my PC's. For team sets and full sets I like to use binders. I don't put all of my sets in binders though but if I store a full set in a box I prefer to at least penny sleeve the cards.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
3-row Super Shoe Boxes / Toploaders / Penny Sleeves. I think it provides the best protection. Cards in binders can get damaged, fall out, and curl if not stored flat. Binders aren't very friendly for resorting or adding new discoveries in order.

This.

I loathe binders. Sure they have a role for sets or other static collections that are all the same size, shape and thickness. But not for my player PC.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I'd say pretty much everything I have is in boxes. Player Collections are in boxes, most just in penny sleeves because let's face it, Harold Reynolds cards aren't too valuable. More valuable ones are in top loaders. Will eventually move everything to top loaders when I feel like dropping the cash on a couple cases of them.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I have the best-of-the-best displayed on an old lucite candy display 3-tier thing I bought from a closing movie rental place.

I have all of my rare inserts/GU/autos in top-loaders/1-touch in a 3-row box.

Sadly, I have 2 300-counts full of base Yount that I need to organize and put the best condition ones in a binder.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Binders. What's the point of putting 5-cent cards in toploaders?
And I would much rather look at my cards in binders, like a picture book, than a box. When cards are in a box, I hardly ever look at them.
The only cards that are put in toploaders or magnetic cases are the valuable or thick cards.
Otherwise, everything's in nine-pocket pages and binders.

Last edited:
Binders. What's the point of putting 5-cent cards in toploaders?
And I would much rather look at my cards in binders, like a picture book, than a box. When cards are in a box, I hardly ever look at them.
The only cards are put in toploaders or magnetic cases are the valuable or thick cards.
Otherwise, everything's in nine-pocket pages and binders.

100% agree with this one. I collect more than one player but have 1000 Emmitt cards. If the card is $20 or more, a jersey or auto card then it goes in top loads, one touch or other wise. 26 albums total. Fun to meet a new collector and having them look through your binders and such.

TopLoaderBinder.com || Shop

You can go to youtube and search "toploader binder" to see some reviews. I really like them. They're expensive, but Duchscherer doesn't have many cards compared to star players.

Based on that fact that they only hold 360 max per binder, I would need about 12 or so binder atleast, with each binder costing $52 each, that would cost me atleast $642

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
As I get near 5000 different Gwynns, I must confess that each card, no matter what the price, is laminated, covered with duct tape, placed in a large #5 envelope, sealed with hot glue, and stored in groups of 100 in Dockers shoe boxes, stacked in a locking garden shed that I keep in my son's closet, insulated with spray insulation, boarded up behind plywood, wrapped in saran wrap, and painted with a camoflauge duck hunting spraypaint that hardens into a 1" thick ceramic buffer. I stack my sons TV and xbox in front of it, on a entertainment center that is bolted to the floor joists with 3/4 in lag screws.

Members online

Latest posts