Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

8 Years Later, thoughts on "RC" Logo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I hate the RC logo crap.Get rid of it.I chuckle every time I see some phony RC logo on some card of a player who had their first MLB cards issued 4 years earlier.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the least.

I do not prospect and do not collect modern rookie cards (depending on when "modern" started), so it has never caused me much anger.

Don't get me wrong, I do miss the days of, here is a player's first professional card (Donruss, Topps, Fleer, Upper Deck, Score, etc. base) and it's his rookie card.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Poor idea then, worse idea now.

Especially since guys can have multiple RCs in one years set. One in S2, one in Update, etc.

It did make the late 2005 stuff incrediblly loaded with young stars though.

And although I don't mind the unlicensed Panini stuff like some do, the RC logo on there bothers me even more...:???:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Interesting to see others' opinions. I don't really care about the RC cards one way or the other really. It's prospects in MLB uniforms, many of whom will never even get a cup of coffee, that annoy me. If they waited until they reached the majors, the RC cards might actually hold genuine value, imho. I realise mine is a minority viewpoint.

I agree with the bolded. In fact, I've said it before but I'd like to see Bowman done away with and these cards actually be in Topps sets. I think it would make the amount of rookies less and again give value back to base sets that are normally so watered down and crappy, it takes a million confusing parallels and a bunch of gimmicky short prints to inject value.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Poor idea then, worse idea now.

Especially since guys can have multiple RCs in one years set. One in S2, one in Update, etc.

It did make the late 2005 stuff incrediblly loaded with young stars though.

And although I don't mind the unlicensed Panini stuff like some do, the RC logo on there bothers me even more...:???:

The last year UD made MLB cards they made up their own RC logo on their cards too.

Members online

Latest posts