Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts and opinions on these cards please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
I picked up some cards recently and was curious as to the thoughts and opinions of the community in regard to their value. The backstory on these cards as it was relayed to me is they were part of the bankruptcy auction for Pacific several years back. These cards were not inserted into packs. They are the Serial Proofs for the 2000 Pacific Paramount Holo-Silver, Premiere Date, and Platinum Blue and as you can see, they are blank where the serial number would typically be. Are there other instances of this type of card and is their value more or less whatever someone is willing to pay for them? Also, they are in immaculate condition.....do I send them for grading? I plan on holding onto these for now as I do collect the 2000 Paramount product.

Attachments

• Thom.jpg
    Thom.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 54

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
It's pretty common to see stuff like that for Pacific, I know they pop up on COMC from time to time. It's like you said, whatever somebody is willing to pay. I personally am not interested in these types for my baseball collection but if somebody likes them or supercollects a player they might be willing to pay more than the "normal" card. It's not like each card is wildly comon, it's not like I've seen dozens of each or anything. Maybe a few.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
There was a shop in Lynnwood before Pacific disappeared (I think) that just had all kinds of pacific stuff. Don't know if they are still around themselves, haven't been in that area for years. I assume there was either a relationship or the shop had some affiliation with Cramer. It was after the retail shop adjacent to the printing plant closed down, which was owned by Pacific.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I like non-serial numbered cards, and have a number of them in my collection. I will pick them up as I come across them. Price-wise I usually pick them up for roughly what their serial-numbered counterparts are worth, or less. To me, they're not worth much of a premium above that.

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
Thanks for the replies, it is as I thought.....the value for these is placed more on want for the individual player rather than the assumed rarity of the card. I am curious as to the above reply that states these were "back doored" by employees. Do you think this is the case here? I have a line on a lot more from this set.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Unless you have first hand knowledge of how something made its way into the market that was not meant to be distributed, its only guesses and speculation. Back door is one option (employee theft/gift), discarded material that was dumpster dived, theft by a printing facility that never returned items to the manufacturer, etc. Most of the time the items are shrouded in mystery, which probably adds a little fuel to the desire to own them.

I was able to buy a few prototype items direct from a former Fleer exec back in the day. I don't think he advertised his position, but I recognized the name. He may have had these items under his or anothers authority or he could have taken them.

Seems like a LOT of stuff made its way out over the years, but only a small number of people had it and most have controller the prices.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Thanks for the replies, it is as I thought.....the value for these is placed more on want for the individual player rather than the assumed rarity of the card. I am curious as to the above reply that states these were "back doored" by employees. Do you think this is the case here? I have a line on a lot more from this set.
If you have a line on any Erstad, I'd be curious. I've got loads of them already and would want copies I don't already have.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I'd take a look at any Tony Gwynn cards you find!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Cool. If you run across any Robbie Alomar cards, lemme know. I'd most likely be interested in them.

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
Since there appears to be an interest, here is the list of remaining cards he has from 2000 Pacific Paramount. I have already purchased the Jeter's, Thomas', Bagwell, Maddux, Sosa, and Soriano. He did mention that he had Clemens but came back later and said that he must have sold them because he cannot find them. If anyone here collects any of these remaining players and are interested message me and I will get the price from him. In the meantime, I am still chipping away and slowly purchasing them myself. Here is his list:

Pacific Library Version 1/1's - Note: Probably about 10 more for each grouping not stored in this listing. I tended to pick up stars so it will be players like Todd Helton, Clemens, Manny Ramirez, Vlad Guerrero in addition to what is listed below. Some more strong offerings of 1/1's mixed in here. Hope you find some you like!

Holo Silver
Vinny Castilla
Trevor Hoffman
Travis Fryman
Tino Martinez
Steve Finley
Scott Rolen
Rick Ankiel
Ray Lankford
Paul O'Neill
Nomar Garciaparra
Mike Lieberthal
Miguel Tejada
Kevin Brown
Johnny Damon
Jeff Kent
Javy Lopez
Jason Varitek
Greg Maddux
Frank Thomas
Derek Jeter
Chuck Knoblauch
Brady Anderson
Brad Radke
Brad Ausmus
Bernie Williams
Alfonso Soriano

Premiere Date
Vinny Castilla
Trevor Hoffman
Travis Fryman
Steve Finley
Scott Rolen
Sammy Sosa
Rick Ankiel
Ray Lankford
Paul O'Neill
Nomar Garciaparra
Mike Lieberthal
Miguel Tejada
Kevin Brown
Johnny Damon
Jeff Kent
Javy Lopez
Greg Maddux
Frank Thomas
Chuck Knoblauch
Brady Anderson
Brad Radke
Brad Ausmus
Bernie Williams
Alfonso Soriano

Platinum Blue
Vinny Castilla
Trevor Hoffman
Travis Fryman
Steve Finley
Scott Rolen
Sammy Sosa
Ray Lankford
Paul O'Neill
Nomar Garciaparra
Mike Lieberthal
Miguel Tejada
Kevin Brown
Johnny Damon
Jeff Kent
Javy Lopez
Greg Maddux
Frank Thomas
Derek Jeter
Chuck Knoblauch
Brady Anderson
Brad Radke
Brad Ausmus
Bernie Williams
Alfonso Soriano

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Since there appears to be an interest, here is the list of remaining cards he has from 2000 Pacific Paramount. I have already purchased the Jeter's, Thomas', Bagwell, Maddux, Sosa, and Soriano. He did mention that he had Clemens but came back later and said that he must have sold them because he cannot find them. If anyone here collects any of these remaining players and are interested message me and I will get the price from him. In the meantime, I am still chipping away and slowly purchasing them myself. Here is his list:

Pacific Library Version 1/1's - Note: Probably about 10 more for each grouping not stored in this listing. I tended to pick up stars so it will be players like Todd Helton, Clemens, Manny Ramirez, Vlad Guerrero in addition to what is listed below. Some more strong offerings of 1/1's mixed in here. Hope you find some you like!

Holo Silver
Vinny Castilla
Trevor Hoffman
Travis Fryman
Tino Martinez
Steve Finley
Scott Rolen
Rick Ankiel
Ray Lankford
Paul O'Neill
Nomar Garciaparra
Mike Lieberthal
Miguel Tejada
Kevin Brown
Johnny Damon
Jeff Kent
Javy Lopez
Jason Varitek
Greg Maddux
Frank Thomas
Derek Jeter
Chuck Knoblauch
Brady Anderson
Brad Radke
Brad Ausmus
Bernie Williams
Alfonso Soriano

Premiere Date
Vinny Castilla
Trevor Hoffman
Travis Fryman
Steve Finley
Scott Rolen
Sammy Sosa
Rick Ankiel
Ray Lankford
Paul O'Neill
Nomar Garciaparra
Mike Lieberthal
Miguel Tejada
Kevin Brown
Johnny Damon
Jeff Kent
Javy Lopez
Greg Maddux
Frank Thomas
Chuck Knoblauch
Brady Anderson
Brad Radke
Brad Ausmus
Bernie Williams
Alfonso Soriano

Platinum Blue
Vinny Castilla
Trevor Hoffman
Travis Fryman
Steve Finley
Scott Rolen
Sammy Sosa
Ray Lankford
Paul O'Neill
Nomar Garciaparra
Mike Lieberthal
Miguel Tejada
Kevin Brown
Johnny Damon
Jeff Kent
Javy Lopez
Greg Maddux
Frank Thomas
Derek Jeter
Chuck Knoblauch
Brady Anderson
Brad Radke
Brad Ausmus
Bernie Williams
Alfonso Soriano
Interested in an opportunity for the Clemens stuff please Nd thank you.

Members online

Latest posts