Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Topps Rookie Cup hobby box live break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Pack 20:

Yellow First Year Autograph: John Drennen 036/199 - Well, there goes the drama of pulling anything good!
Reprints: Chipper Jones, Tadahito Iguchi

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Another one who never even got a cup of coffee, Drennen topped out at AA and last played in 2013. He slugged 1.123 his senior year of high school, though. Be sure to read the backs of your cards, kids!

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Pack 24:

Adam Laroche orange parallel 045/399
Reprints: Brook Jacoby, Roy Oswalt

Last edited:

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Pawelek and Grace were a weird pairing in this product. Never liked this card. Santo was much better.

05TOPPSROOKIECUPDUALAUTOMP.jpg
05TOPPSROOKIECUPSANTO.jpg

Yeah, that Grace/Santo is a fantastic card, great pairing. Pawelek with Grace is a little off. It reminds me a little of the Dawson/Brad Wilkerson card that I sold to the Dawson collector after my last break of this (though Wilkerson had a solid MLB career and played the position as Dawson)

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
BUMMER. Many of the cool Topps Rookie Cup cards with the little trophy embedded into the card were redemption cards. I love those cards.
I just read about these. I had no idea they were two glued together buybacks with the little trophy embedded, and that the checklist is 460+ subjects, most of whom were obviously not even in the base set of 2005 Topps Rookie Cup. I wonder how many of them never even got made? In the case of Mel Hall, he never had a card with the rookie cup logo, so I wonder if that caused the holdup for manufacture of these things? Would they use his 1984 base card, the Traded card, or what? Kinda crazy little subset this Rookie Cup "relic."

Members online

Latest posts