Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wells report findings on deflategate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Hey, I'm sure 1/2 of the QBs in the League do this, or something similar, but it's still great that Brady got caught. Hopefully, they go 0-4 in those games and the rest of the Division finally catches up to them...

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The Patriots are notorious cheaters, we all know this.

Yet somehow their fans still refuse to acknowledge this. They are so stubborn.

Tom Brady's a cheater, Bill Belichick is a cheater, they're all cheaters.

And now they have to pay, and their fans are going insane about it.

Tom Brady had balls doctored in the AFC Championship Game! That makes it even worse.

They knew he was doing this, they just waited to use it as their ace in the hole. Just like George Brett and his pine tar covered bat. Everyone knew he was doing it, they were just waiting until the most opportune time to have the rule enforced to their benefit.

I'm just waiting for a manager to challenge a Jordan Walden pitch. It's a balk everytime, and there's going to be a manager at some point argue to the umpire and get the call.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
And I was thinking about how Ray Rice seemed to get off easier with the NFL than Tom Brady.

The only thing that I can think of is that the NFL takes ON FIELD transgressions more seriously than off the field. They seem to have the mentality that they'll let the courts decide the fate of the players if it's an off the field incident, then they'll handle it afterward.

But what Brady did affected who goes on to play in the biggest game of the year, which I am assuming has the NFL VERY upset, so they are going to crack down on him as hard as they can, and judging by previous Patriot transgressions, I think is appropriate.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I know it's not the point of the thread , but anyone else in here think that each team / quarterback / kicker should be able to set the footballs the way they want? I don't see why that's not in play already personally.

In others sports like baseball / basketball it needs to be even as both teams are touching the ball basically every minute , but except for interceptions, which shouldn't be an issue, it's a one sided ball control.

Ryan

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I don't agree with people that say Ray Rice got it easier - he got indefinitely suspended once the video was released and had to go to Federal Court to get the ruling overturned. Rightfully so, no team will sign him - thank goodness. I will not cheer for any team that signs Rice, if the Jets sign Rice I will sell my season tickets period but based on their trade for Stacy luckily that doesn't seem like it's in the pipeline.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
What people don't realize about the Ray Rice suspension is that is was under the OLD policy. Granted it was not severe enough, but IF it happened this off-season, he'd be looking at 8+ games...

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
What people don't realize about the Ray Rice suspension is that is was under the OLD policy. Granted it was not severe enough, but IF it happened this off-season, he'd be looking at 8+ games...

Correct me if I'm wrong; according to the NFL Rice was suspended 2 games but when they got evidence of the video and saw what really happened they suspended him indefinitely and he was only reinstated via a Federal Court ruling. Of course people claim that the NFL did know the severity of his actions even when they suspended him 2 games, but that is not what the NFL is claiming at least. Once they saw that he knocked his fiancee out, he was disciplined very stiffly. I don't believe another team will pick him up either, or at least I hope they won't.

Jun 30, 2010
And 4 of the 5 balls from the Colts tested for underinflation and that obviously is fine....No investigation at all. How come we don't hear anything about that? I know that has nothing to do with the Patriots situation; but just saying!!!!

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Apples and oranges. Rice was suspended for off the field behavior.
Brady was for a on the field infraction. Rice was suspended by Goodle Brady wasnt.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
And 4 of the 5 balls from the Colts tested for underinflation and that obviously is fine....No investigation at all. How come we don't hear anything about that? I know that has nothing to do with the Patriots situation; but just saying!!!!

Because the Colts don't have a history of cheating and being part of the most notorious scandal in the past few decades.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Robert Kraft accepts the NFL finding's and fines and loss of draft picks.

For you Bob and Tom

https://youtu.be/Jg2oR91_r5I

My gut feeling is Kraft took that stance because he knows an appeal would do the Patriots more harm than good, but if it was for the benefit of the league then good for him. Sadly this acceptance does not apply to Brady, I hope that guy gets what he deserves and the suspension is upheld.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
My gut feeling is Kraft took that stance because he knows an appeal would do the Patriots more harm than good, but if it was for the benefit of the league then good for him. Sadly this acceptance does not apply to Brady, I hope that guy gets what he deserves and the suspension is upheld.

I have a feeling a deal was made. brady gets two games and admits to nothing.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I have a feeling a deal was made. brady gets two games and admits to nothing.

The Patriots would have won the title regardless, but Brady/Bill just deserve to have this go on record. Brady's BS injury reports, his name coming up in the MLB investigation into steroids, now Deflategate - I wonder what other little advantages haven't been caught. He's the ultimate competitor and I respect the heck out of him being a Jets fan but he has shown ZERO cooperation in the investigation blatantly in the interest of the investigators not being able to gather enough evidence to suspend him - now he's finally deciding to step forward after he's been suspended. I really, really, really feel strongly that his suspension should be upheld and I mean I'm a Jets fan so I obviously don't like the guy but he's not an Aaron Rodgers my feeling is he's disliked by most.

Members online

Latest posts