Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gixen changing the way it does what it does!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
A lot of us use Gixen for snipes. Most use the free version and that's cool. I pay the $6.00 per year because I feel it's worth it and I get two servers sniping for me and not just one.

I received an email about a month ago saying that Gixen has be granted an api key from eBay, basically access to their system. Now that Gixen has the api key, you have to create a username & password through Gixen, then link your Gixen account to your eBay account. I'm willing to bet by Sept 2017, the free version will either be a limited number of snipes or trial basis then subscription from there on out. As I was reading on their forums, Gixen basically told eBay, give us an api key or we'll shut down and you'll loose millions in sales each year. I'm sure eBay tried to call their bluff but I'm sure eBay knows exactly how many snipes Gixen makes in a day and knows the exact dollar amount. I'm sure it was worth it to eBay to give them the api key as Gixen snipes way more than sports cards. I also believe Gixen wants eBay's finished sales information which they could probably get in to now. That kind of service could mean some big bucks for Gixen.

Just a heads up for those that use it.

Fordman

Last edited:

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Gixen has been pretty reliable for me. I pay the $6 and will pay a little more, but not too much more.

Scott F

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Very nice. Love the service.

Completed auctions would be good for them. Seems like a huge waste of information on eBay's end by not doing anything.

Latest posts