Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Well I did a search for a Ripken thread in here but couldn't find one... so I figured I'd start one. Was hoping to have something in the mail today, but it didn't arrive... so I will post this:

quantumf.jpg
quantumb.jpg

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
cbrandtw said:
Yes they are. The '81 is a SGC 88 (8) and the '80 is a PSA 4.

Nice, I need to send in my WTF, I think it would get about a 6 or 7, 8 on a good day. Can't quite afford either of the 1980's in any condition right now :)

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Sweet card! I have it as numbered to 20/50...

I am a Ripken collector myself. I have about 2,500 Ripkens from 1981 to the present... Would need to take pictures of my collection - would take a month for me to take every single pic and add them into my bucket... :lol:

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
excel_B said:
Beautiful AUTO in that GREAT autobiography, WoundedDuck!

Thanks! Somewhere I have a pic of me shaking his hand at the signing. The only cost to me was the price of the book :D .

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Same here too!!! Got his auto along with Tony Gwynn on a bat! Met them both back in 2006 when a huge baseball card show was held at the Convention Center in Baltimore.

SWEET pics, Russ!!!

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Well didn't get the mail I was hoping for today, so I will post this scannage, because I've always liked the card and it was in the to scan pile. Not sure why I like it so much, maybe it's because we get to see a more casual side of Cal, chillin' with his dog, or maybe it's because I always wonder where he got that god-awful shirt.

milkbone_f.jpg
milkbone_b.jpg

Members online

Latest posts