Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*** meets forger..............

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
*** is not an authenticator. They are in the business of putting stickers on things, not authenticating autographs. I've seen countless fakes with *** tags on them. In fact, if it has a *** tag I generally assume that it is fake unless I'm familiar with the player's sig and can tell better.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I'm a little confused about ***. I know they went bankrupt and shut their doors for a while, but now they're back? Seems they only grade cards and packs and "educate"???

http://www.globalauth.com/

I have a few *** authenticated autos. I personally think they're legit, but am definitely afraid to crack them and send them to JSA.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Jeff N. said:
And you're a better authenticator than *** because.......

Jeff this poster has been on several different message boards saying many Jeter autographs that are authenticated are forgeries, even UD buy backs that were slabbed. He states he is a former JSA authenticator but really needs to be pushed for him to give a blow by blow reason as to why he feels these autographs are fake.

On the CU boards this poster has been screaming from the rooftops that many Jeter autographs that were authenticated are fake but a few weeks later he showed up with a stash of his own trying to move them. Me thinks there is a hidden agenda here.(just my opinion)

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
couldnt a real jeter authentic auto have been cracked from this case, and a forged one slipped in? anything is possible these days

just my .02

jay

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
mchenrycards said:
Jeff N. said:

Jeff this poster has been on several different message boards saying many Jeter autographs that are authenticated are forgeries, even UD buy backs that were slabbed. He states he is a former JSA authenticator but really needs to be pushed for him to give a blow by blow reason as to why he feels these autographs are fake.

On the CU boards this poster has been screaming from the rooftops that many Jeter autographs that were authenticated are fake but a few weeks later he showed up with a stash of his own trying to move them. Me thinks there is a hidden agenda here.(just my opinion)

Just my opinion, but I don't think he should have too. It could potentially help people forge more autos. More realistically however, I wouldn't do my job (or ex-job) for free.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Everyone gives *** a hard time, but they don't bother me. More often than not, you can pick up a *** auto cheaper and then get it authenticated by JSA or PSA.

A lot of people probably remember the HBO special where they sent forged autos to all of the authenticating companies. *** was one of only 2 that did not authenticate any of the forgeries. Don't get me wrong, that entire shady business of closing their doors and being unreachable sucked, but I would buy a *** certified auto with no worries.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Penno said:
mchenrycards said:
Jeff N. said:

Just my opinion, but I don't think he should have too. It could potentially help people forge more autos. More realistically however, I wouldn't do my job (or ex-job) for free.

If the poster is going to proclaim himself as a former authenticator and is only looking out for the good of the hobby, I believe he owes it to the hobby to point out why he feels there are issues with these signatures.

As I said previously...I was almost ready to give him a pass but now after claiming all these Jeter autos are fake and low and behold, the poster shows up with a number of "real" Jeters autos that he is selling...well it just smells a little fishy to me.

itsinthegrade

Jul 30, 2009
NJ
All In Cards said:
[quote="Jeff N.":21fo8oop]And you're a better authenticator than *** because.......

He also likes to sell IP autos[/quote:21fo8oop]

What does that mean?? I sell IP auto's? So!!!!

The auto is so fake from the D to the R. This auto has no chance of being real. Even if Jeter was drunk & unconcious his auto would be better then this poor attempt.

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
I actually trust ***-have had no problems with any of their autographs. I am very hesitant to buy JSA bc of a bad experience-saw him turn down an autograph of reggie jackson from the guy ahead of me in line --but the funny part was reggie was signing in the mall that day--not too far from the booth spence was sitting at- and the guy was ahead of me getting it signed!! Another time a friend of mine was submitting a bunch of stuff-and forged a mantle right in front of me before we left-and spence authenticated it with the other stuff he had that was legit. I always buy the auto-not the company

itsinthegrade

Jul 30, 2009
NJ
mchenrycards said:
Penno said:
mchenrycards said:
Jeff N. said:

If the poster is going to proclaim himself as a former authenticator and is only looking out for the good of the hobby, I believe he owes it to the hobby to point out why he feels there are issues with these signatures.

As I said previously...I was almost ready to give him a pass but now after claiming all these Jeter autos are fake and low and behold, the poster shows up with a number of "real" Jeters autos that he is selling...well it just smells a little fishy to me.

This is what I'll do for you. Buy the card & send to Jsa or Psa/Dna or both. If it passes I will give you a $100 & the prise you paid for it.

When it fails you give me $25.

Put your $ where your mouth is. If not then please go away.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
itsinthegrade said:
All In Cards said:
[quote="Jeff N.":3aqv22gt]And you're a better authenticator than *** because.......

He also likes to sell IP autos

The auto is so fake from the D to the R. This auto has no chance of being real. Even if Jeter was drunk & unconcious his auto would be better then this poor attempt.[/quote:3aqv22gt]

There's a special place in hell for those who sell IP autos.

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Jeff N. said:
itsinthegrade said:
[quote="All In Cards":302nh18h][quote="Jeff N.":302nh18h]And you're a better authenticator than *** because.......

He also likes to sell IP autos

The auto is so fake from the D to the R. This auto has no chance of being real. Even if Jeter was drunk & unconcious his auto would be better then this poor attempt.[/quote:302nh18h]

There's a special place in hell for those who sell IP autos.[/quote:302nh18h]

That's just silly.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
*** is bad news...put a sticker on anything, slab anything.

I don't see how alerting people on possibly fake Jeter autographs and selling overpriced PSA/DNA slabbed in-person/TTM autographs have anything to do with each other.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Lars said:
*** is bad news...put a sticker on anything, slab anything.

I don't see how alerting people on possibly fake Jeter autographs and selling overpriced PSA/DNA slabbed in-person/TTM autographs have anything to do with each other.
Agreed.

Personally I'm no expert, but the Jeter looks fishy to me. Not nearly as fluid as Jeter's autograph always looks. I've met and spoken to itsinthegrade and he's always been nice, friendly, and more than generous to the kids at card shows. He's also sees more IP autographs in a day than most of us will ever see, so I definitely would put some weight on his words.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Actually I believe the OP. The auto is very suspect and given who the seller is makes it even that much more questionable. I believe this seller is one of the latest and greatest to pawn off "buybacks" on a lot of uneducated collectors. Pretty sure every week this seller has at least a A-rod, Pujols, or Jeter buyback auto or some other suspect autos of those three.

Members online

Latest posts