Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Does anyone know about the Football version of this set? I have the Barry Sanders exchange card, but of course Beckett doesn't list it.

While I'm mostly a player collector, I also chase the random oddball set from time to time, one such chase ended today with the receipt of Kirby Puckett in the 1995 Pinnacle Pins Redeemed set. This is actually the 3rd Puckett I've purchased, but first to make it to my doorstep. The first was lost in transit, another went unsent by a seller who was shortly thereafter NARU'd, but this one made it, and for 1/5th of the price I've seen it sell before. Patience is a virtue.

This wasn't an easy project and wouldn't have been even if I had been willing to pay insane prices for these little guys...some of them rarely come around.

1995PinnaclePinsCompleteSet.jpg

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Sorry to beat a dead horse about the 1997 Score Hobby Reserve numbering, but I found out something interesting. I sent a complaint to COMC about a bunch of my Hobby Reserve getting renamed to Premium Stock. It's not their fault. Apparently a 2011 Beckett annual now lists Hobby Reserve as Premium Stock. In other words, they took their own error and made it worse.

LOL, so can anyone make up a full breakdown of 1997 Score and it's parallels? What they should be called, what #'s they include, etc.?

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
1997 Score Series I - cards #1-330
Showcase Series 1:7 Hobby/Retail, 1:2 Jumbo, 1:4 Mag
Showcase Series Artist's Proofs 1:35 Hobby, 1:7 Jumbo, 1:17 Mag
White Border Artist's Proofs - Randomly inserted into retail packs

1997 Score Series II - cards #331-551
Showcase Series 1:5 Hobby, 1:7 Retail
Showcase Series Artist's Proofs 1:23 Hobby, 1:35 Retail

1997 Score Premium Stock - Hobby Only - cards #1-330
Were Showcase Series and Showcase Series Artist's Proofs inserted into this product?

1997 Score Hobby Reserve - Hobby Only - cards #331-551
*base cards have an HR-prefix card numbering variation
Showcase Series and Showcase Series Artist's Proofs were inserted into Hobby Reserve, but I don't have the ratios with me
Reserve Collection 1:11 - All Reserve Collection cards have the HR-prefix and have a frosted foil finish

There's also Score Regional issues...

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
This thread got me thinking about the 1998 Dugout Axcess Inside Axcess subset cards. Don't know if you guys consider them "super sweet" or not... ;) I would love to have a Maggs one from that subset regardless of #...as I have not seen an example for years. Curious...do any of you guys happen to have one?

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Nice Eric! I had it on my watch list but forgot to bid. Have two already, but I like the card design :)

I haven't been posting much recently because I haven't been finding anything or haven't been bidding enough :mrgreen:

Got this for $6 dlvd. It was a PSA 9 until I cracked it:

PedroMartinezTitanium.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
This thread got me thinking about the 1998 Dugout Axcess Inside Axcess subset cards. Don't know if you guys consider them "super sweet" or not... ;) I would love to have a Maggs one from that subset regardless of #...as I have not seen an example for years. Curious...do any of you guys happen to have one?

1998SkyboxDugoutAxcessInsideAxcess.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

Possibly the worst set from what I think was the best year ever for cards. I remember busting packs when it came out and being amazed at the low low quality of the product. Flimsy stock, miscuts and cards cut 1/8" short, worthless inserts...never pulled an Inside Axcess though. I've never even owned one, not then, not now. What with this being a crap set for kids, I wouldn't be surprised if there's tons of unopened product waiting to be busted.

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
Possibly the worst set from what I think was the best year ever for cards. I remember busting packs when it came out and being amazed at the low low quality of the product. Flimsy stock, miscuts and cards cut 1/8" short, worthless inserts...never pulled an Inside Axcess though. I've never even owned one, not then, not now. What with this being a crap set for kids, I wouldn't be surprised if there's tons of unopened product waiting to be busted.

Thanks for the insight. I was on hiatus from ~1990 to 2006. Maggs got me interested in baseball cards again so here I am...player-collecting his cards.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

Yeah, it was pretty bad. I busted a box and didn't even realize there was an Inside Axcess parallel until last year. It didn't help that they didn't include Rusty Greer. Ironically, probably my favorite pull ever came out of that box. It was a redemption card, but you couldn't tell what you won from the card (or at least I couldn't). I sent it off and forgot about it. When I got it back...

TonyGwynnCertificate.jpg

I spilled Dr. Pepper all over this certfiicate, but the ball is still a-OK! :mrgreen: I think it's cool that the ball has a Dugout Axcess stamp so you know exactly where it came from. It's not just any ol' ball.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Does anyone have an example of the 1997 Pinnacle Mint Gold Redemption coins? They were 1/1's available only via redemption and the redemption cards were something like 1:47,000 packs. Just wondering if anyone has one of their player as I have never seen one. They were made of almost 1 ounce of solid 24Kt Gold. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about teh gold-plated coins.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I think I have finally put to bed all the rare late 1990's Panini Venezuelan Stickers with the find of the two 1997 Grace variations. I think order of difficulty is 2000 and 1998 as very rare, 1997 as rare, and 94-96 as common (94-96 being issued in USA and not Venezuelan).

94PANINI.jpg

95PANINI.jpg

96PANINI.jpg

97venezuelan.jpg

98PANINI.jpg

00VENEZUELANSTICKER.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
^^^^ Whoa... nice!!!!! I need to double check mine against these... I know I'm missing a Belle or two but I have so many different little stickers that maybe I have them but was unsure they were the correct one lol... got to love oddball items

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Does anyone have an example of the 1997 Pinnacle Mint Gold Redemption coins? They were 1/1's available only via redemption and the redemption cards were something like 1:47,000 packs. Just wondering if anyone has one of their player as I have never seen one. They were made of almost 1 ounce of solid 24Kt Gold. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about teh gold-plated coins.

There is one up for auction right now

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=49251

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
^^^^ Whoa... nice!!!!! I need to double check mine against these... I know I'm missing a Belle or two but I have so many different little stickers that maybe I have them but was unsure they were the correct one lol... got to love oddball items

Here's a tip for you or anyone else wanting to know if they have all of them for their PC - since 97-2000 are largely uncatalogued. Check out http://uncatalogedbaseballcards.blogspot.com/2011/10/1997-panini-stickers.html#uds-search-results and search "Panini" in the search box. You'll then find checklists for 1994-1998. Only checklist missing is the super rare 2000's.

Members online

Latest posts