Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Just picked this up not to long ago. I've always wanted this card ever since I was a kid clamoring over my Beckett magazines. What is really cool about this card, and I've yet to see another one like it, is that Mantle signed it vertically like Yastrzemski's autograph. Typically Mickey was signed horizontally above Mantle. I'm guessing he tried signing it this way and then realized it was to much of a pain to sign over Yastrzemski's signature...maybe? Either way, this is one of the best multi auto'd cards ever in my opinion as from what I understand the gold ink doesn't fade like the blue or black markers (it will loses it's metallic luster to an extent, but remains opaque like an acrylic marker).

1992 Franchise Players Auto'd.jpg

Last edited:

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Going through some boxes, nothing major but cool in there own way.

qSioG3Y.jpg

budvandall

Mar 11, 2012
Myrtle Beach, SC
Just picked this up not to long ago. I've always wanted this card ever since I was a kid clamoring over my Beckett magazines. What is really cool about this card, and I've yet to see another one like it, is that Mantle signed it vertically like Yastrzemski's autograph. Typically Mickey was signed horizontally above Mantle. I'm guessing he tried signing it this way and then realized it was to much of a pain to sign over Yastrzemski's signature...maybe? Either way, this is one of the best multi auto'd cards ever in my opinion as from what I understand the gold ink doesn't fade like the blue or black markers (it will loses it's metallic luster to an extent, but remains opaque like an acrylic marker).

View attachment 72144

I have always loved that card!

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I love those Black Diamond Final Cuts, even though it's a 2000 card we'll let you slide this one time :) 99/00 UD inserts are low-key tough.

Burbank had an RJ for $20 3-4 years ago and I thought that was too high....until the moment it sold & I haven't seen one since. Lesson learned!

Michael.petkus

Jan 30, 2016
Finally! This one took many years to finally secure. Probably my favorite insert design from the 90's. Love the colors, the shimmering lightning bolt. Parallel inserts are also fun to chase. The only thing that would make this card perfect would be a serial number to 100 or less. Any guesses/theories as to the approximate print run of the gold medallion Thunderclaps? 1:720 Series 2 Retail Packs with 20 cards in set.
ff90c65ab3ed70c2c57444c916f8bbda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Came across these looking for something else, figured I'd post up.

bdea5fcd8fcb4f6b596c97e1a6498214.jpg

de6b9e4a2ac4cd9341f2aae958bb4434.jpg

The image they used has made me not cherish the Crusades as much as others, but still nice cards.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I've been seeing all the crusades posts and was wondering if anyone has all 9 of their different crusades?

Green/Purple/Red
Green/Purple/Red Sample (serial numbered xx)
Green/Purple/Red Prototype (no serial, diff design)

I might be wrong on the terminology of sample vs prototype.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I love those Black Diamond Final Cuts, even though it's a 2000 card we'll let you slide this one time :) 99/00 UD inserts are low-key tough.

Burbank had an RJ for $20 3-4 years ago and I thought that was too high....until the moment it sold & I haven't seen one since. Lesson learned!

After I posted it I realized it was the wrong one and was too tired and lazy to move it

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I've been seeing all the crusades posts and was wondering if anyone has all 9 of their different crusades?

Green/Purple/Red
Green/Purple/Red Sample (serial numbered xx)
Green/Purple/Red Prototype (no serial, diff design)

I might be wrong on the terminology of sample vs prototype.

I'm close, but could have been even closer. I'm missing the green proto and the red sample. I had a chance to buy the red sample but it's so miscut from top to bottom that I couldn't bear to look at it.

1998 Donruss - Multi-Product Insert Crusade - Red Sample #47 - Rusty Greer
Courtesy of COMC.com

I was lucky my guy was going for relatively cheap when samho was selling these off. He was also in one of the earlier groups - I thought the market increased the more he released.

attachment.php

And I just added a regular green to my hoard last night! It's so funny to see it sell for over $20 one month, then $5 the next.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Came across these looking for something else, figured I'd post up.

The image they used has made me not cherish the Crusades as much as others, but still nice cards.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

I once owned a copy of both of those, but I never had a red.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to acquire the Big Franks. I have a lot of Executive Proofs, but not the big 3.

http://www.bighurthof.com/executive-promos-file-copies-proofs

I have another 8 or 10 to scan to get the page up to date.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts