Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alex Avila ownage of Ben Revere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Alex Avila just made one of the best plays I have seen this year, blocking home plate when Ben Revere tried to score an inside the park HR. A split second after getting the ball on the relay, Revere made contact with Avila, knocking him down-yet Avila didn't lose the ball and recorded the out. Revere is a pretty well built guy, for being a midget, so it was pretty impressive IMO.

And then triples in the bottom half of the inning, after doubling earlier in the game. Avila is just a lot of fun to watch.

G

hail2thevictors said:
Alex Avila just made one of the best plays I have seen this year, blocking home plate when Ben Revere tried to score an inside the park HR. A split second after getting the ball on the relay, Revere made contact with Avila, knocking him down-yet Avila didn't lose the ball and recorded the out. Revere is a pretty well built guy, for being a midget, so it was pretty impressive IMO.

And then triples in the bottom half of the inning, after doubling earlier in the game. Avila is just a lot of fun to watch.
5'9", 170. Revere isn't that big.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
GoldenBuckeyes said:
hail2thevictors said:

5'9", 170. Revere isn't that big.

Like I said-he's pretty well built for being a midget.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Good play, yes. One of the best, not even close. Revere was out by a mile. All he had to do was not drop the ball when the featherweight ran into him. Raburn deserves most of the credit with a very good throw.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
I only saw the replay but Avila's leg looked like it was close to being rolled up on like Posey. I'm glad it didn't.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
cartersprings said:
Good play, yes. One of the best, not even close. Revere was out by a mile. All he had to do was not drop the ball when the featherweight ran into him. Raburn deserves most of the credit with a very good throw.

"He was out by a mile."

Well, you obviously didn't see the play. Avila was hit within a second of catching the ball-pretty sure he wasn't out by a mile.

Raburn deserves most of the credit? Uhh, Avila is the one who took the punishment-he deserves the most credit. If you want to start talking about throws, Jackson's relay was just as good as Raburns.

And, as I said-it is one of the best I have seen this year. Sorry, I don't see every single game, of every single day.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
hail2thevictors said:
cartersprings said:

"He was out by a mile."

Well, you obviously didn't see the play. Avila was hit within a second of catching the ball-pretty sure he wasn't out by a mile.

Raburn deserves most of the credit? Uhh, Avila is the one who took the punishment-he deserves the most credit. If you want to start talking about throws, Jackson's relay was just as good as Raburns.

And, as I said-it is one of the best I have seen this year. Sorry, I don't see every single game, of every single day.

Yeah, watching it again it was closer than I originally thought. It seemed like he was pegged on the throw but it was caught pretty close to the collision. Good play.

Members online

Latest posts