Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jim Thome and The Hall

With which team will Thome be in the HOF with?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Considering he's not played more than 4 seasons with any other team, and his best years were in Cleveland, I'm not sure how it's even a debate.

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Indians.
Yes, I'm a Sox fan but it's OBVIOUS that he won't get in with any other team besides the Indians. He started in Cleveland, he'll end in Cleveland and be remembered in Cooperstown.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
the indians. that's where he did most of his damage. i don't think he'll get in the first ballot, but he will get in. for me, a first ballot guy is someone that the current generation of players gets compared to and jim thome is not that guy.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
bowmanchromeandorr said:
the indians. that's where he did most of his damage. i don't think he'll get in the first ballot, but he will get in. for me, a first ballot guy is someone that the current generation of players gets compared to and jim thome is not that guy.

How can you not be that guy when you are one of 8 players to hit 600 HRs. Half of which were juiced.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I wasn't really even sure he'd get in. It's nothing against him, I think it's just being a Tribe fan. You know, you have certain fan bases that are totally homers... I think Indian fans are awaymers.

Something like... "Sure, he had a great career. But he played for Cleveland for most of it, so no way he's getting into the hall..."

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
bowmanchromeandorr said:

thome should get in on first ballot. that many home runs. and never accused of PED's. but will he - maybe -maybe not

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Well Killebrew hit 573 HR, and that was top 4 or 5 I beleive when he retired. Won an MVP award, and it took him until his 3rd try if I'm not mistaken. Both are class acts, and I think both are comparable on the field and off. It may take Thome a couple tries, but it'll happen

Members online

Latest posts