Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

()()()()()()()()Friday Morning Thread()()()()()()()()()()

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Good morning. Payday! Made an offer on a card and surprisingly the seller took it (has had card listed for $150 for a year, finally lowered it to $75, I offered $50). I think these Murray Oldermann 2005 Topps Gallery sketch cards are historically important cards, as they were the first sports sketch cards - and done a famous sports cartoonist. 200 players were done as true 1/1's. This is the third one I've been able to acquire and the biggest name (also have Jim Thome and Alfonso Soriano). They are a little cartoony in their player representations, but Oldermann's signature style. They were quite the innovation in 2005 and ushered in a new aspect to the hobby.

jones1.JPG
jones2.JPG

Last edited:

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Morning all. Long time, no post.

Been busy with some frustrating, annoying, and frankly scary legal issues with our psycho next door neighbor. This morning my wife and I have a court hearing to try to get a restraining order against him.

Over the last ten months he has been making violent threats against me and my wife. Cops have come three times, but haven't arrested him. The last straw was a couple weeks ago when he flew into a rage at my wife in our driveway because she took a picture of his wife's car blocking our approach to the street. She was trapped in her car until I heard his yells and came out with 911 on the line.

Have been told that we l likely won't get the order, but nothing else to try. His landlord won't return phone calls or letters at all.

Did I mention that he does this screaming and threatening in front of his kids? Also, his neighbor goon squad support him because he is such a "good neighbor."

Okay, rant over. Wish us luck. Hearing is at 9 a.m. pst.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Good luck Andrew! Aren't psycho neighbors great? My late 20's single dude neighbor has been banging a steady stream of woman he's met through Craigslist, then getting into screaming matches at 2am in the driveway next to mine. This past winter, he kicked one "lady" out in 10ºF weather at 2am, then threw a big cup of water on her. I had to get up, get dressed, and let the tramp stay inside my porch while she waited a 1/2 hour for a cab. He's a real prince.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Morning. I'm digging the 11/10 and the Chipper sketch. Not so much the crazy neighbor. Good luck in court and stay safe!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. Gonna be costing me close to $200 for parts for my car :( I'm just glad that I get free labor. Although, he did take 5 gallons of gas of mine and put it in his truck yesterday since he had to take the gas tank out of the car

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Morn'

Dustin , nice add on the 11/10 and no reason a seller should block people who make offers. Create a 2nd account so you can bid if someone blocks you again ;)

Grace - $50 seems like a nice buy on the Chip and that's rough having annoying neighbors

Ryan

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good afternoon all!

Morning all. Long time, no post.

Been busy with some frustrating, annoying, and frankly scary legal issues with our psycho next door neighbor. This morning my wife and I have a court hearing to try to get a restraining order against him.

Over the last ten months he has been making violent threats against me and my wife. Cops have come three times, but haven't arrested him. The last straw was a couple weeks ago when he flew into a rage at my wife in our driveway because she took a picture of his wife's car blocking our approach to the street. She was trapped in her car until I heard his yells and came out with 911 on the line.

Have been told that we l likely won't get the order, but nothing else to try. His landlord won't return phone calls or letters at all.

Did I mention that he does this screaming and threatening in front of his kids? Also, his neighbor goon squad support him because he is such a "good neighbor."

Okay, rant over. Wish us luck. Hearing is at 9 a.m. pst.

Andrew - Best of luck with your neighbor issues.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Good morning all! Start of a long work weekend for me, and the wife is already not happy I'm working her first Mother's Day :/ don't know what she wants me to do about it? I don't have vacation days yet...

He's pitching tonite but should be able to help on Sunday. Probably your only hope!

images.jpg

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Thanks for the good wishes, but the judge denied the request. The guy next door lied his ass off and brought in two friends to also lie. The two weren't on scene for any of the three incidents, but said they were.

We have three security cameras up and lights, but plan to get more this weekend.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
As someone who has also had some long hospital I talked stays, I know how surprisingly long it takes to even start feeling close to normal.

Members online

Latest posts