Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My running National thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Yes the same guy has all of that! The barrels are from 2003 aND 2005 leaf limited, knob is triple threads, buttons are leaf limited and absolute memerobilia

Saw that table too. Just amazing stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I'm back from the National - had a great time and managed to find most cards on my want list - I also had some great grades - but will share those when they come in two weeks.

pickups that I really wanted and was able to buy:
NT RPA Blake Bortles BGS 9.5/10
NT RPA Teddy Bridgewater (it graded a 9.5/10)
NT RPA Derek Carr (graded a 9.5/9)
3x BGS 9.5 2014 Bowman Chrome Auto Tyler Beede
a couple of Johnny Manziel's.

My Johnny Manziel RPA from NT graded a 9.5/10 also, so i was super happy.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
My thoughts and sightings from 6+ miles traversed today (walked the entire floor probably 3 times over):

- As expected, if your a Player Collector, finding stuff of your guy in the room is difficult, and finding stuff you need basically impossible. My eagle eye was able to spot about 6 RJ autos total, only 2 I didn't have but were parallels of ones I had and wasn't interested in. Makes you appreciate eBay a tad more.

- Vintage is king at this show, if that's your trade this show must blow your mind.

- It is nice having all the major wax players basically in the same vicinity, you could pretty easily price compare with ease. Looking at '15 Finest boxes, Blowout was $99, another was $94, another $92 and the winner was $90. All booths basically side by side.

- People love digging thru bargain boxes more than I would have imagined, albeit I don't get to many shows. I sifted thru boxes marked 'Diamondbacks' or rows of 'Randy Johnson', but to set up camp and sift thru $1 commons looking for whatever is pretty dedicated.

- Found Kennesaw Cards (after 20 minutes trying to figure out where table 947 was) who posted in the '98Tek he had 2-300 patterns. No RJs, no Venturas and @MansGame needed Belle 2 & 8 but the 4 patterns in the box missed. Most the cards were Derek Bell and Ken Caminiti.
View attachment 53224

- I forget their name, but they're one of the big guys next to Blowout, and they have a '98 Tek sealed box for $400 on the shelf. Pass.

- Didn't see anyone with 'junk wax' from the early 2000s or much of anything pre-2008. A few guys had 93 & 94 SP boxes, that was about it for that realm.

- Agree on there being a good infusion of youth, boys of varying ages and even some girls.

- Too many dealers have glass cases with mixed sports, keep your baseball and football better separated guys.

- Not a big wax guy, but this is the time to open packs if there every was one. My goal was to find boxes of '14 Finest (hoping to get uber lucky & hit the RJ FG superfractor) and after hitting up all the big boys & coming up dry, I happened to find the only guy in the room that had it and snagged all 8 boxes for $85 a pop ('15 was $90-$99 so I was satisified). Hit a Steve Carlton FG auto in the first box. Other big hit was a MaddyBum Atomic Refractor /5.
View attachment 53218

- Bought 4 boxes of '15 Museum and pulled a Mussina Logoman (great centering Topps...), a Kershaw silver /25, and a Yount Gold Frame Auto redemption.
View attachment 53217

Tomorrow I get this bad boy signed at noon. Made it myself
View attachment 53225o
Wow, thank you very much for looking for me. Great member and I appreciate you trying to help me and others out!

Share the Randy auto when it is done! Looks like it will be a nice piece!

Members online

Latest posts