Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any interest in a Mets pick up thread or a David Wright specific thread?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Most of you may not really know me, as I don't post too often. I mainly just browse interesting topics and/or other people's pick up postings (I should probably comment more often on how impressive some of them are, or how much I appreciate other people sharing).

I have always been a Mets fan, although since having kids, I just cannot keep up at the rate I used to. Anyhow, one of the players I really took a liking to was David Wright. What a great ball player and genuinely nice human being. Certainly a shame his career got derailed in the manner it was. That said, I will enjoy the memories for sure. Around the beginning of his career, I only had a Mark McGwire PC, and that was mainly all I collected. So, I decided to start a Wright collection as well. It has definitely come a long way! Recently, I have been spending some time going through it and enjoying all the cards I've put together over the years. I would love a place to post/share some of them!

I know there is a Mark McGwire collectors thread that is somewhat active, but I don't know if there is a David Wright thread (edit: there was a looooooong time ago, and it hasn't been posted on in over a decade). I am also not aware if there is a Mets pick up thread, besides Mr. Met's awesome autograph thread.....I went back searching as far as 2011 and couldn't find one.

Should I start a new David Wright thread, or should I just revive the old one, since one technically already exists? Perhaps I may also start a Mets pick up thread as well? What do you all think? Any interest? Please do share your thoughts, I value them very much.

Anyway, hope everyone is well and still enjoying their collections, despite the upsurge in prices.

Cheers, Mark

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Most of you may not really know me, as I don't post too often. I mainly just browse interesting topics and/or other people's pick up postings (I should probably comment more often on how impressive some of them are, or how much I appreciate other people sharing).

I have always been a Mets fan, although since having kids, I just cannot keep up at the rate I used to. Anyhow, one of the players I really took a liking to was David Wright. What a great ball player and genuinely nice human being. Certainly a shame his career got derailed in the manner it was. That said, I will enjoy the memories for sure. Around the beginning of his career, I only had a Mark McGwire PC, and that was mainly all I collected. So, I decided to start a Wright collection as well. It has definitely come a long way! Recently, I have been spending some time going through it and enjoying all the cards I've put together over the years. I would love a place to post/share some of them!

I know there is a Mark McGwire collectors thread that is somewhat active, but I don't know if there is a David Wright thread (edit: there was a looooooong time ago, and it hasn't been posted on in over a decade). I am also not aware if there is a Mets pick up thread, besides Mr. Met's awesome autograph thread.....I went back searching as far as 2011 and couldn't find one.

Should I start a new David Wright thread, or should I just revive the old one, since one technically already exists? Perhaps I may also start a Mets pick up thread as well? What do you all think? Any interest? Please do share your thoughts, I value them very much.

Anyway, hope everyone is well and still enjoying their collections, despite the upsurge in prices.

Cheers, Mark
Do it, yankee fan here. David was the real deal

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Appreciate everyone's thoughts. Certainly leaning toward a fresh new Wright thread. Hopefully there are some other lunatics who will post their stuff there too!

I think a Mets thread would be nice too, as I am sure there have to be some fun pick ups some of you folks can contribute.

Will likely put these together tonight....in the interim, definitely keep your thoughts coming!

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Who’d contribute to a Mets thread?!

We used to have one, but it was just me and @WaxPax talking, but I haven’t even seen him around lately….

I have my Mets auto thread going…slowly but surely

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Hmmm, interesting point. I don't know too many of the members here, so I don't know who else collects Mets stuff that might contribute. I don't want it to just be a repeat of the same stuff I am putting in the new David Wright thread, so perhaps I will just post new pick ups in the monthly thread like a few others do and save the repetition.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Hmmm, interesting point. I don't know too many of the members here, so I don't know who else collects Mets stuff that might contribute. I don't want it to just be a repeat of the same stuff I am putting in the new David Wright thread, so perhaps I will just post new pick ups in the monthly thread like a few others do and save the repetition.

Lol, I was just being stupid….a guy named MrMrt saying who’s contribute to a Mets thread…guess my joke missed its mark….start away man!

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Lol, I was just being stupid….a guy named MrMrt saying who’s contribute to a Mets thread…guess my joke missed its mark….start away man!

Haha, no no, I got it, didn't miss it's mark......but you do bring up an interesting point though. If there aren't enough Mets collectors on the site, it may not be worth it, you know, if it's just 2 or 3 of us posting. For me personally, I'll just pretty much be double posting on a Mets thread and a Wright thread. But heck, it still might be fun to have both!

Members online

Latest posts