Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps Heritage High-Numbers Boxed Set Preview (EDIT - Checklist Added)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
I have the Harper Auto on eBay and the Volquez red out of the two sets I got. I am thinking the "dinged" corners on the autos are from handling when getting them signed since they are on card. My base cards are all fine and the packaging was good for mine. Keep in mind all the packaging in world short of individually sleeved and slabbed cards will get damaged the way USPS and UPS handle things these days...

...I am really surprised about not seeing more Harpers at this point, regular or I am sure they have a red version also.

On the final note of price point, I don't think it was all that bad. I collected Heritage the first two years and again in 2005 completing master sets in those three years(minus the relics and autos) and enjoy the sets but really expensive. My intention of buying these two sets was to open and give out the cards to our team collecting group and sell the autos and players we do not have a team collector for. The $100 is reasonable for a 100 card set and the auto and Topps has announced that this is the wave of the future a few months ago and reiterating it just yesterday in an email stating there will be more online exclusives in the future. Love it or hate it, it is coming. While I am not happy with the mini results of the bulk of the left overs being bought up by a certain deal, it was a nice set and nice break, although a tough time completing a set out of several boxes. The Heritage hi #s set was limited to 10 per address to limit that happening again.

My two cents on this of course...

...my only gripe would be for an actual numbers checklist for the autos so we know how many were produced. My guess is we will never see the true numbers released since there was probably more produced for replacement and back door deals...

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Just got an email that my set was delivered. I'll be breaking it when I get home from work. I have to admit I'm anxious but also nervous. I just know Garret Jones or Cody Ross are in there.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
qm.gif
jpeg.jpg

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Why so negative? Both of those auto's would bring close to half of the cost of the set if not more. That is a hell of a lot better than getting a #150 draft pick of some guy that will never see higher than AA ball out of some bowman product.

Or someone from 1963 who threw three career innings or has seven career at bats.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Why so negative?

because of the XXXX job Topps did with this release. this is a piss poor job. the packaging sucks, the paper stock sucks, the player selection sucks.

Where are the floating heads? where are the multiplayer car updates? what the XXXX Topps?

this was a total money grab by them. piss poor money grab.

and topps support is clueless as they want me to send in the UPC/Barcode from my box along with my receipt to replace my damaged auto. GUESS WHAT? there IS NO BARCODE/UPC on the XXXXing box!

Members online

Latest posts