Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Pro Shooter Marbles - I may be on to something

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankhardy

Sep 11, 2014
I was doing some research on these and found this site. I am a longtime member of the PSA/CU message boards, along with Net54. I go by the same username on those 2 boards. I am a Cardinals collector. I have both of the 1997 Topps ProShooters checklists for my collection. I also have the Ray Lankford and Brian Jordan marbles in my collection. I only need the Ron Gant to complete the team set.

There seems to be some discussion out there about how the checklists were distributed. These were issued one checklist per pack. There is a theory out there that many of the checklists were simply thrown away, therefore making them even more rare than they would be otherwise. Since the checklists were issued inside of a pack containing 2 round marbles, condition issues are almost a certainty. I have 2 very nice ones for my Cardinals collection, and then I have a few more in varying conditions.

I also have the following marbles, if anyone is interested - Mark McGwire, Tony Gwynn, Greg Maddux, Frank Thomas, Ivan Rodriguez, Andruw Jones, Jeff Bagwell, and Mike Mussina.

These are very, very tough to find. I have been looking for the Ron Gant for several years.

521997ToppsProShooters_zps1ebfc084.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I was doing some research on these and found this site. I am a longtime member of the PSA/CU message boards, along with Net54. I go by the same username on those 2 boards. I am a Cardinals collector. I have both of the 1997 Topps ProShooters checklists for my collection. I also have the Ray Lankford and Brian Jordan marbles in my collection. I only need the Ron Gant to complete the team set.

There seems to be some discussion out there about how the checklists were distributed. These were issued one checklist per pack. There is a theory out there that many of the checklists were simply thrown away, therefore making them even more rare than they would be otherwise. Since the checklists were issued inside of a pack containing 2 round marbles, condition issues are almost a certainty. I have 2 very nice ones for my Cardinals collection, and then I have a few more in varying conditions.

I also have the following marbles, if anyone is interested - Mark McGwire, Tony Gwynn, Greg Maddux, Frank Thomas, Ivan Rodriguez, Andruw Jones, Jeff Bagwell, and Mike Mussina.

These are very, very tough to find. I have been looking for the Ron Gant for several years.

521997ToppsProShooters_zps1ebfc084.jpg

Let me know on the Gwynn...

frankhardy

Sep 11, 2014
I just listed all of those marbles on Ebay this afternoon. The McGwire and Frank Thomas sold in less than 20 minutes. I was stunned.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
And i just nabbed the Bagwell. Any chance you have any other checklists since it looks like you have a few opened packs there? Id like to add it to my pc, even if the condition wasnt perfect. And what players are on the pack wrappers?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Back from the dead is right... I have the Belle marble but do not have the checklist... would love to add it someday even though it isn't recognized by Beckett on player checklists ;)

frankhardy

Sep 11, 2014
Well, I just might have hit the jackpot. I submitted a super nice Checklist #1 (the one with Jeter and Griffey). Cha-ching - - - PSA 10 GEM MINT. Mine is the first one. Before that, there was only a PSA 9....no other grades. That shows how rare these things are and how condition sensitive it is. I know, because I have a few and they all have moderate to major flaws. They came from a package with 2 round marbles inside, so "pack fresh" isn't quite what it seems with these, if you know what I mean. Most come straight from the pack with creases or bends, or dinged corner and edges.

My question is (which I have posted at PSA/CU) - is this card counted in the PSA Player Registry for any of the players? If not, how can it be added? I know nothing about player registries.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Well, I just might have hit the jackpot. I submitted a super nice Checklist #1 (the one with Jeter and Griffey). Cha-ching - - - PSA 10 GEM MINT. Mine is the first one. Before that, there was only a PSA 9....no other grades. That shows how rare these things are and how condition sensitive it is. I know, because I have a few and they all have moderate to major flaws. They came from a package with 2 round marbles inside, so "pack fresh" isn't quite what it seems with these, if you know what I mean. Most come straight from the pack with creases or bends, or dinged corner and edges.

My question is (which I have posted at PSA/CU) - is this card counted in the PSA Player Registry for any of the players? If not, how can it be added? I know nothing about player registries.

Wow, nice, all the ones I came across were not in great condition at all. Congrats!

Members online

Latest posts