Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whay are COMC sellers generally so stingy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
As a COMC seller my first two thoughts are:

-You don't know what the seller paid for the card. They may have bought it from someone else and don't want to lose money. You can criticize them for it, but do you want to lose money?
-If the seller already has the lowest price, why not just buy it instead of trying to knock them down more? If I don't have the lowest price I will consider the offer/counteroffer.
-Then, to play devil's advocate...why is it that because a seller counteroffers at a few cents difference, does it necessarily make them the bad guy? You're also haggling over a few cents.

Just my thoughts.

You can not take offers. If you are only willing to go 50 cents less than your asking price on items that are $5 or more, why accept offers at half or more at all. It's a waste of buyers' time.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
As someone who is done with Ebay, if I sell my 106 Donruss Crusades it will be on COMC.... I will either accept of decline offers, I will not play games.

edit: because I care more about this tiny community than adding a couple bucks, I have a real job.

Last edited:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
As a COMC seller my first two thoughts are:

-You don't know what the seller paid for the card. They may have bought it from someone else and don't want to lose money. You can criticize them for it, but do you want to lose money?
-If the seller already has the lowest price, why not just buy it instead of trying to knock them down more? If I don't have the lowest price I will consider the offer/counteroffer.
-Then, to play devil's advocate...why is it that because a seller counteroffers at a few cents difference, does it necessarily make them the bad guy? You're also haggling over a few cents.

Just my thoughts.

I personally don't care what they paid for the card.

Members online

Latest posts