Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 hobby goals, what are yours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
1. Pick up a Stanton bat barrel CHECK
2. Stanton bat knob CHECK
3. Stanton MLB logo
4. Laundry tag of anyone
5. C56 Georges Vezina SGC 20-40
6. 1955 Parkhurst Jacques Plante SGC 40-60
7. N184 Kimball (any) CHECK
8. Finish 2014 Five Star jumbo patch auto set. Currently at 16/19

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
1. Pick up a Stanton bat barrel CHECK
2. Stanton bat knob CHECK
3. Stanton MLB logo
4. Laundry tag of anyone
5. C56 Georges Vezina SGC 20-40
6. 1955 Parkhurst Jacques Plante SGC 40-60
7. N184 Kimball (any) CHECK
8. Finish 2014 Five Star jumbo patch auto set. Currently at 16/19

Nice progress!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Update:

1. Stay focused, don't start any new player or set collections that I'm not already actively seeking-So far, so good! (Team sets don't count!)
2. Spend less- Push
3. Obtain at least 3 new Jeff Cirillo cards- Obtained 1 so far
4. Get to 50% on my all-time Brewers Roster autograph collection- Done at 57%. Sky's the limit and again thankful my team's only been around less than 50 years.
5. Finish the Jeromy Burnitz 1998 Topps Tek run- Still need that one card

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Update:

1. Stay focused, don't start any new player or set collections that I'm not already actively seeking-So far, so good! (Team sets don't count!)
2. Spend less- Push
3. Obtain at least 3 new Jeff Cirillo cards- Obtained 1 so far
4. Get to 50% on my all-time Brewers Roster autograph collection- Done at 57%. Sky's the limit and again thankful my team's only been around less than 50 years.
5. Finish the Jeromy Burnitz 1998 Topps Tek run- Still need that one card

Need A Lyle overbay? I have an extra sweet spot auto I can send your way

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Need A Lyle overbay? I have an extra sweet spot auto I can send your way

Got him but thanks! The only player I still need with a pack certified auto in Milwaukee uniform is Laynce Nix from '07 UD Star Signings. Everyone else from here on out is TTM, 3rd party authenticated, or trusted source IP.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
• get into the top 30 on the PSA Registry with my 1953 Bowman Color set (current rank [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4 [/URL] 4 )
• work on the 1983 Donruss PSA 10 set I recently started, hoping to get to [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 [/URL] on the list (should be easy to get to [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4 [/URL] , [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 [/URL] will take some doing)
• sell at a nice profit on at least one of the prospects I've stocked up on
• no buying any Bowman cases and hope to make a profit on the breaks I do overall
• clear out a lot of the overstock I have
Thought I'd update since I've done a lot of work on one portion.

• Moved all the way to #27 on the 1953 Bowman Color Registry! From [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4 4[/URL] , was hoping to move into top 30. Got really into it
• At #4 on the 1983 Donruss list and #3 is a ways off
• Instead of selling a lot of one prospect I've been accumulating a new one (doh!)
• Resisted the Bowman case urge so far
• And have been slow on the sales these last two months (switching jobs will do that)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
[MENTION=5416]D-Lite[/MENTION] , congrats on moving up the registry ! How high do you think you can get to on the 53' now, reasonably?

Ryan

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
@D-Lite , congrats on moving up the registry ! How high do you think you can get to on the 53' now, reasonably?

Ryan
Thanks man. I didn't plan on this much so soon...

So reasonably I think I can get to #10 which currently is 7.54 weighted at 100% completion. I'm at 7.58 weighted GPA with 54+% complete, but I have most of the keys already:
7s: Duke, Whitey, Spahn, Rizzuto, Vernon, Lockman, Martin
8s: Reese, the trio, Mathews, Feller, Berra, Campanella, Wynn, Williams
8.5: Abrams

Need the Mantle still (have an SGC 80), so that'll help. Now I'm going all 8's on the remaining for the set and will likely upgrade some here and there.

Getting to #9 on the current list will be rough: currently at 8.05 weighted with only 4 cards (all non-keys!) missing, no card below an 8. But it's not updated regularly. So yeah, if I get to #10 that'll be crazy.

Apr 13, 2014
my goals would be selling my collection without losing my ass

-tree fiddy

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
With a week left in the year I haven't seen a thread started yet. What are your 2015 hobby goals? Doesn't have to be card related.
I'll start:

1) get rid of all my unwanted dupes/trade cards. I don't have much anymore but I'd really like to clean it out. About 400 Ichiro cards and 150 or so griffeys i haven't listed plus others

2) seriously decide if I want to get out from under my griffey collection. Base/parallel/inserts/gu/and a couple other autos. About 1500 cards in all

3) continue with my PC's. Have my eyes set on a few high end pieces that I've determined are a must.

4) take the gamble on some older boxes or a newer case that may yield something for my pc. Something like National treasures

5)continue to contribute to this community and help as many collectors as I can.

**edit**
6) something not in my control at all but I'd love to add another 2 or 3 cards to my "impossible to complete auto set"

Getting to the end of the third quarter here... how's everyone doing?
1) still haven't done it
2) decided I want to but a task I'm dreading getting into
3) picked about 4 cards for my serious PC'S all year. Pretty slow on that front.
4) nope
5) have good intentions but.... have a pile waiting to be packaged and mailed.
6) had a shot at 2 vhtf cards. Lost both to obvious shills. Haven't seen a hint of either since. Not even a feedback of any kind or messages from sellers.

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
My 2015 goal is simple. I am going to complete my 71 (1 more card) and 72 (45 more cards) Topps sets. This will give me complete base sets from 1970 to present. I will finish the 2015 set as usual to keep the string going.

Other than that, I hope to find one or two more of the 2007 Sweet Spot Classic GU that I need for that set.

Good luck everyone!

OK,

Here is my update: Finished both 1971 and 1972, as well as the 2015 base Topps sets. Now my set run from 70 to 15 is complete. I also was able to pick up a Frank Robinson patch from the 2007 Sweet Spot Classic GU set, so now I am down to the last 4, Ruth, Mathewson, Santo and Fingers (Brewers). Been pretty slow on the PC side for a while. Still deciding on what I want to do for a new project.

Thanks,

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
- Hit the 4,500 card milestone
- Find the last 3 '98 Tek patterns (29, 39, 42)
- Find the '14 Finest Greats Supefractor auto and/or '14 Tek Charcoal Galactic auto
- Exercise more control on new release pickups during first week. I did really good on some cards this year, vastly overpaid on others.

- 4,500 hit back in May or June I believe.
- Should have #29 incoming, but not in hand & haven't seen actually added one since November.
- nope, still unseen. bought a case of '14 Finest at the National but no luck.
- doing much better this year, I have a better of idea of when to pay up & when to wait it out.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Get rid of a lot and finish the sets I'm nearly done with. My interest in the hobby is continuing to dwindle, I hate the non logo stuff and topps seems to not care so I don't either. :(

Well I have got rid of quite a bit (bought a lot too) and finished all but one set! I think I'm good!!

With @ASTROBURN help as usual:

Get over 1400 Biggio cards (currently at 1297) with atleast 3 of my Most Wanted List
Get over 275 Brooks cards (currently at 236) with atleast 3 of my Most Wanted List

Thats about it...besides scanning

I got my entire Biggio/Brooks collection scanned in front and back so all I have left is my Other PC and Tradelist

Still working on it but with me saving up for a new car I haven't gotten much in at all

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Update 2:

1. Stay focused, don't start any new player or set collections that I'm not already actively seeking- so far so good
2. Spend less- Push
3. Obtain at least 3 new Jeff Cirillo cards- Obtained 2 (plus a custom commision). There's a 3rd I need on COMC but oddly I'm waiting for something else to show up so I don't just order 1 card. And it's nothing exciting and is debatable whether a Topps Gallery auction point card is even a card. Actually sold one card because everybody has their price
4. Get to 50% on my all-time Brewers Roster autograph collection- SLAYING IT through trades, TTMs, and purchases
5. Finish the Jeromy Burnitz 1998 Topps Tek run- Done! Such a relief

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
1) Nab every quality JJ I possibly can. Flip rarer stuff if he actually stays healthy when he comes back in June.

2) Get to 300 Doug Martin autographs. Buy 5 Dennis Northcutt 1/1's.

3) Go to the NSCC in Chicago and meet up with folks I already know and some new ones. Hopefully Sam ( @Super Mario ) can make it out that way.

4) Get at least 15 personalized 8x10's or other pics autographed to my daughter of 'famous' folks.

5) Acquire all the volumes of the Simpsons & MST3K. Just need volume 10 (w/Godzilla) & 31 for MST3K.

1. I've done most of this, not all, maybe 70-75% and haven't sold, since he's still hurt. Don't think I'll ever sell, now.
2. May've gotten 1 1/1 of Northcutt, but they don't pop up weekly, so I'm not hurt about that. Added another '00 SPx Spectrum auto / jersey /25 though for a very reasonable price. I'd have to count what I'm at for Dougie, now. Close to 300 total, I know that.
3. No dice on Chitown. Bleh. And HOGAN was there, so I missed out on that for ...
4. Got a few for Naomi. Kyle Gibson, Dan Gladden, A.J. Styles, Dalton Castle, Jay Lethal ... wish there was more, but it's a tough road to hoe up here in north eastern MN.
5. Haven't done much with the Simpsons acquisitions. Got Volume 32 & 33 for MST3K, but 10 still is so damn expensive :\.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
1. Reach 1,000 different Brandon Webb cards. Currently at 976. I could actually very easily do this if I just bought more of those 2008 UD Documentary cards or other random base I've been neglecting, but kind of want to make it a challenge so I'll hold on on buying those for a while. COMPLETE! Sitting around 1,003 now I think - long road, hoping to get a post up showing some stuff off soon.
2. Reach 8,500 different Diamondbacks. I think I'm close to 8,300 now, but I'm really planning on cutting back this year so it may be challenging. COMPLETE! Clearly I was lying to myself, there was zero cutback. I didn't expect to be excited by the team this year, but our good (for us) season has really kept me going. Currently around 8,750.
3. As I said above, cut back on spending. I've already been doing that since about September, so hopefully I can keep that going. FAIL. Spent way too much this year, but it's been a fun year.
4. Sell off any non-Diamondbacks cards I have. They're just taking up space in the closet. I hope to do some cheap $0.25 sales and get rid of stuff to get a little money in my COMC account. FAIL, again. Haven't sold a thing.

Well, 2/4 of is good, they were the ones I cared about anyway!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts