Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Winter Meetings Thread....FA signing's/Trades/Rumors/Etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

I'll get this started with:

According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Rays have agreed to terms with first baseman James Loney.

Terms of the agreement are not yet available. Loney batted just .249/.293/.336 with six home runs and 41 RBI in 144 games this past season between Los Angeles and Boston. But he's only 28 years old and may have some good years ahead. He's expected to start at first base for Tampa Bay.

Last edited:

WaxPax

next off the board is....

The Red Sox have signed Mike Napoli to a three-year, $39 million deal, according to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman.

That's an average of $13 million per season, which isn't bad considering Napoli's enormous power potential and the lack of true sluggers on this winter's free agent market. Napoli will play first base for Boston but should retain fantasy eligibility at catcher because he'll make spot starts behind the plate. The 31-year-old hit 24 homers in 108 games this summer for the Rangers.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Not too surprised about the Napoli signing...glad we could get him on a 3 year deal. I'm thinking he will be our 1B for the next two years (catch occasionally) and the 3rd year he will be our DH/1B/C.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Braves are talking to the Cubs about Soriano. I'd love to get one of Atlantas young arms

WaxPax

some more signings...

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Rangers have reached agreement with Joakim Soria on a two-year contract, pending a physical.

No word yet on the contract terms. Soria has amassed 160 saves over five major league seasons, but the plan is for him to set up for Joe Nathan once he's ready to return from Tommy John surgery. As of now, he appears likely to miss the early part of the 2013 season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Giants have reached an agreement to re-sign outfielder Angel Pagan.

Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports hears that he'll get $40 million over four years. It's a big pay day for Pagan, who batted .288/.338/.440 with eight homers, 56 RBI, 29 stolen bases and a .778 OPS this past season for the World Series champion Giants.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Giants to re-sign Angel Pagan for 4 years $40 million dollars with incentives. I think this is the second largest contract this off season so far.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Blue Jays looking at a trade with the Mets for Dickey with Colby Rasmus and J.P being the base of the return for the Mets

Yunel Escobar getting interest from the Rays and Oakland.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Blue Jays looking at a trade with the Mets for Dickey with Colby Rasmus and J.P being the base of the return for the Mets

Yunel Escobar getting interest from the Rays and Oakland.

The Jays are not looking for anything that you would hear about. Like every other rumor it's just hacks speculating what might be a good trade.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Can't begin to tell you how much I still wish the Red Sox would've kept Reddick. I really didn't want to see him leave...

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I think the Mets would be wise to keep Dickey unless they cannot extend his contract.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I think the Mets would be wise to keep Dickey unless they cannot extend his contract.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

It seems like the perfect fit. A frontline starter for 5million that won the CY Young. That sounds right up their alley.

Members online

Latest posts