Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Winter Meetings Thread....FA signing's/Trades/Rumors/Etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Hey guys, I started a thread on the four team trade not knowing it was discussed in here. I feel it deserves its own thread if you want to post what you posted in here, in there. Some really good info.

WaxPax

NO WAY the Rays give up Shields, Davis and Lee for 1 year of Choo....

Edit: Even if Choo was signed beyond 2013 this still doesn't happen

A brief breakdown of the Rangers, Rays, Indians, and Diamondbacks:

Diamondbacks get Abrudal Cabrera

Rays get Choo

Rangers get Justin Upton and Jamie Shields

Indians get Trevor Bauer, Tyler Skaggs, Wade Davis, and Hak Ju Lee

Lot of other pieces do it also.

Last edited:

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
YEah, because the Rangers are getting the two best players and giving up nothing yet, and the D-backs are giving up the best player and TWO TOP PITCHING prospects and getting very little in return. There would need to be about 12 more players inolved here.

This trade makes no sense to me for the D-backs if they are giving up Bauer and Skaggs. Why in the world would they do that? Unless THEY are the ones getting Shields.

skrip

+100000000000000000000

All these "proposals" are just the dreams of Rangers/Indians fanboys

Upton, Bauer and Skaggs in return for Cabrera?...if you mean Miguel, then sure!

Otherwise, it is laughable at best

WaxPax

A 5th team enters the mix...KC

ESPN's Buster Olney reports that the Royals are involved in talks with the Diamondbacks and Indians about a four-team deal.

It was originally reported that the Diamondbacks, Indians, Rays and Rangers were involved, but now other teams are jumping in. It's not clear who the Royals would land in the proposed deal, but the are in the market for a front-line starting pitcher.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
A 5th team enters the mix...KC

ESPN's Buster Olney reports that the Royals are involved in talks with the Diamondbacks and Indians about a four-team deal.

It was originally reported that the Diamondbacks, Indians, Rays and Rangers were involved, but now other teams are jumping in. It's not clear who the Royals would land in the proposed deal, but the are in the market for a front-line starting pitcher.

The Royals were linked to wanting Shields.

Guessing Myers or possibly Butler/Gordon will be involved in the deal somehow.

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
I'm shocked/pleased AZ is valuing Cabrera as much as they appear to be. If he didn't play 162 for Acta, I can't imagine him playing 162 for any manager.

WaxPax

I can see the Rays taking on Butler's contract while giving up Shields....The Rays won't take on more payroll without giving some up.... If they have to give up Hellickson, look for a prospect(s) or team controlled player coming back to TB

The Royals were linked to wanting Shields.

Guessing Myers or possibly Butler/Gordon will be involved in the deal somehow.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Hope Youkilis lands in CLeveland with Francona. Wouldnt enjoy seeing him in pinstripes at all.

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
I was told Indians have done their part, are satisfied with what they're getting back, Moving on to other issues while waiting for the rest of the teams to figure out what they're doing in regards to this deal.

WaxPax

Another off the boards... Thought the Yanks would step up for him...I'm sure it came down to the length of contract...

Jon Heyman of CBS Sports hears that the White Sox and Jeff Keppinger have agreed to a three-year deal.

No word yet on the terms involved, but there were reports that bidding was in the three-year, $12 million range. Keppinger batted .325/.367/.439 with nine homers, 40 RBI and an .806 OPS this past season for the Rays and will slot in at third base for the ChiSox in 2013. The Yankees were considering Keppinger as a possible stop-gap option with Alex Rodriguez set to undergo hip surgery, but they'll now have to go back to the drawing board.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I was told Indians have done their part, are satisfied with what they're getting back, Moving on to other issues while waiting for the rest of the teams to figure out what they're doing in regards to this deal.

Continually dropping hints about these "sources" you have does nothing but make you look like you're full of it.

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
Understood...I know how it sounds, and I dismiss 99% of what I read from people on boards when they talk about their "sources".

If a person wants to ignore what I say because to them I'm just a guy on the Internet I don't blame them.

Just like any other rumor, take it for what it's worth.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Eric Chavez to Arizona; Jason Bay to Seattle.

Diamondbacks To Sign Eric Chavez
By Luke Adams [December 5 at 1:26pm CST]
The Diamondbacks have agreed to terms on a contract with Eric Chavez, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (via Twitter).

Mariners To Sign Jason Bay
By Tim Dierkes [December 5 at 1:14pm CST]
The Mariners reached an agreement to sign left fielder Jason Bay, tweets Andy Martino of the New York Daily News, pending a physical. Bay, 34, played a couple of years at Gonzaga University and currently resides in Kirkland, Washington. He's represented by CAA Sports.

Bay signed a four-year, $66MM contract with the Mets in January of 2010. Last month, both parties agreed to an "early expiration" of the deal, with Bay deferring some of the $21MM still owed to him in return for a chance at a fresh start. An annual 30 home run threat when he signed with the Mets, Bay hit just .234/.318/.369 in 1,125 plate appearances for them from 2010-12.

Yesterday, Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times examined how Bay fits with the Mariners, who remain in pursuit of a bigger outfield bat. Prior to the signing, Dave Cameron of U.S.S. Mariner questioned the team's need for Bay.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts