Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imagine the outrage when Mariano Rivera & Derek Jeter also do NOT get 100% of the HOF Ballots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Imagine the outrage when Mariano Rivera & Derek Jeter also do NOT get 100% of the HOF Ballots

NERD RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

discuss

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
Despite how lights out MO was, he was a relief pitcher, everyone should see <100% well in advance. Jeter on the other hand, all hell may break loose.

I may get crucified for saying that about MO but it's true....

Last edited:

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
As much as I respect Mo Rivera, he will NOT get 100%. Bottom line is that he is a reliever. The best reliever ever doesn't compare with the best starters ever. Not even in the same ballpark despite the domination.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
As much as I respect Mo Rivera, he will NOT get 100%. Bottom line is that he is a reliever. The best reliever ever doesn't compare with the best starters ever. Not even in the same ballpark despite the domination.
More relievers have been elected than starters in recent years.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
"It's not called the hall of good"…Oops, wrong argument.

What happens if someone does somehow get 100%. We may not know what to do then. Then we have to argue the merits of the percentages as well. So and so got a 100, how did this guy only get a 92!!

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
That is true, but doesn't really have anything to do with my point. If the BEST of the BEST starting pitchers don't receive 100%, there is zero chance a reliever will do it.
Oh, I get the point you're making, just playing devils advocate. It is strange the bias against pitchers in voting though, which seems largely dependent on their declining stats in the face of a changing game.

Jun 30, 2010
Although it will never happen amd writers will base their votes on a multitude of reasons, it sure would be nice if they just looked at a players stats and the Hall of Fame voting guidelines and decided this " Does he deserve to be in the Hall or not." All this other stuff that so and so didn't get 100% is pure stupid justification. Bryan

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I don't think we'll see anyone get 100% for quite some time, as there are currently voters who don't think anyone deserves 100%. With time, those won't be voting and a newer crop of voters will start moving in, who may or may not ever agree 100%. To go in the first year eligible is the true mark as far as I'm concerned.
DANNY

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Well, it's been proven already that neither will get 100% soley as a result of the writer from LA who refuses to vote for any player that was active during the Steroid Era.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
It matters because Maddux is one of the biggest hands down 100% locks of all time.

I completely agree Charlie but arguing over anyone seems to be a completely moot point if "X" amount of writers have there heads up there ass about certain things. To me your either a HOFer or not and to withhold a vote for some asinine reason such as PED's or "he's not a first ballot guy" is ludicrous. To the original OP jeter should be but won't be 100% vote and I honestly can't wait for the backlash the writers and possibly hall get for the way things are handled when he doesn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts