Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

February Pick-Ups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
scan0005_zpsc6824ee2.jpg

What is Hawaii exclusive?Never seen those.So anyone can submit and request a blank silver label like that with slab?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
What is Hawaii exclusive?Never seen those.So anyone can submit and request a blank silver label like that with slab?

No mine is a BGS sample given away at the conference. Cards are authentic and as you see there were only 10 Miggy's given away in this form at this conference.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
No mine is a BGS sample given away at the conference. Cards are authentic and as you see there were only 10 Miggy's given away in this form at this conference.

I don't really see the point slabbing/labeling a card for some conference, but that is one helluva score.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
No, that is Rose's 2nd year card. I wondered that myself on the Cabrera grading. First I thought it just didn't hit a minimum grade but aren't those usually slabbed "authentic" when that happens? I looked that card over really, really good and couldn't find any noticible flaws that would keep it from at least a 9.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
No, that is Rose's 2nd year card. I wondered that myself on the Cabrera grading. First I thought it just didn't hit a minimum grade but aren't those usually slabbed "authentic" when that happens? I looked that card over really, really good and couldn't find any noticible flaws that would keep it from at least a 9.

Yes, those have a blue "authentic" label, so I don't get why yours doesn't.Grading/labeling is getting more and more inconsistant.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Yes, those have a blue "authentic" label, so I don't get why yours doesn't.Grading/labeling is getting more and more inconsistant.

As someone mentioned these were a promotional item and given away at the Hawaii industry forum. They were done this way so the company could give away a nice card and connect it to the event without damaging the actual card by stamping it. This was around 10 years ago long before BGS even offered an "authentic" option. It's rare to see these and I imagine some were cracked out but I think for most it's simply a Cabrera Traded Auto in a nice holder. I don't think most see much added value in the fact it was a giveaway and /10 such cards given out at the event...

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
As someone mentioned these were a promotional item and given away at the Hawaii industry forum. They were done this way so the company could give away a nice card and connect it to the event without damaging the actual card by stamping it. This was around 10 years ago long before BGS even offered an "authentic" option. It's rare to see these and I imagine some were cracked out but I think for most it's simply a Cabrera Traded Auto in a nice holder. I don't think most see much added value in the fact it was a giveaway and /10 such cards given out at the event...

I think he's talking about my card. I understand about the Traded Cabrera but mine wasn't a promotion nor a giveaway. We can't understand why it wasn't graded since it's in great shape....or at least slabbed authentic if it didn't meet some minimum grade.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I think he's talking about my card. I understand about the Traded Cabrera but mine wasn't a promotion nor a giveaway. We can't understand why it wasn't graded since it's in great shape....or at least slabbed authentic if it didn't meet some minimum grade.

Guess I misunderstood. Which card is that?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Dang George that MJ is nice, great photo on that card. Someday I'll have an Ichiro but not anytime soon, good luck on that quest

Members online

Latest posts