Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's your players most iconic card(s)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
$(KGrHqV,!pEFG-t2E0f+BR4MJZ2zkQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16F,!zcE9s4g0uVlBR4MJ,DSHg~~60_57.JPG

Mellowturtle

Feb 3, 2014
Hey Mans, what about the 1990 Donruss "Joey Belle" card. It may not fall into the "iconic" category, but it's a fun card to have.

WillBBC

Feb 22, 2012
To me this is it. Although the 96 mirror gold is another.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Sick Bernie. I'd check the 1993 Finest Refractor Bernie as his iconic card, though I can't argue against this one!

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
It doesn't have to be the "iconic" type that everyone knows about. Post the card (or cards) that a Belle collector would have on the top of his list. Maybe one of his first autograph cards; maybe a historic set like 1993 Finest Refractor or 1998 Crusade?

For a Burks collector, I would say this one:

1989_topps_heads_up_test_12.jpg

RedSoxNationMT

Feb 10, 2014
For Yaz it has to be this

3000 Hits, Super rare, Probably his most expensive auto and just a beautiful on card auto.

I'm pretty sure you're joking, right? There's nothing iconic about that card. I like it, don't get me wrong, low serial's are cool, but iconic? Not even remotely. His RC, now that's iconic.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
based on how I interpret iconic, here are the ones of the guys I collect -

For Mike Piazza, I think it's a big debate between his 1992 Fleer Update vs. 1992 Bowman. Up until about 5-10 years ago his Fleer was the no brainer choice, but I think the rise of Bowman as "THE" prospect / rookie brand has probably helped with prices of his 1992 Bowman card. Both feature pretty cool photos. I'm going with the 1992 Fleer Update as it's rarer than the Bowman, and I think was actually released first. Honorable mention to his 1992 Donruss The Phenoms rookie and of course his 1993 Topps...

PiazzaMike_1992FleerUpdate_BGS95_zps0f4ad1a2.jpg

For Pedro Martinez, this is a much easier call, it's his 1991 Upper Deck Final Edition card, which was part of their update set that year. He didn't appear in any other sets in 1991. The only other competitor would be his 1992 Bowman. I think most people would defer to the 1992 UDFE as hit most iconic, though long-term may not be the most valuable given how much of this stuff is out there.

CopyofMartinezPedro_1991UpperDeckFinalEdition_BGS10-1.jpg

For Clayton Kershaw and Trevor Bauer, with the rise of superfractors, it would be their first prospect super autos...

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I'm pretty sure you're joking, right? There's nothing iconic about that card. I like it, don't get me wrong, low serial's are cool, but iconic? Not even remotely. His RC, now that's iconic.

I may have mis interpreted what the OP was looking for, I assumed he meant Iconic as for what a player collector would want in his collection. So no I was not joking but maybe mis understood. Yes the Yaz Rc is nice but I would rather have the Card above if I were to start to build a Yaz pc (Which I have) and Build down.

Members online

Latest posts