Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's your players most iconic card(s)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
For me there's a certain fun in finding "the" card (or cards) for a given player. The card that is the magical blend of set, player, year, image etc. For some players this can be a really expensive card, for others it's much more standard.

I think for some players it is pretty easy to identify. For Griffey it's likely his 1989 UD RC. (For those looking for a few iconic cards, his UD dual auto with Mantle is an awesome choice as well.) For Pujols it's gotta be the 2001 Bowman Chrome. For other players it's less obvious, and I'm sure there will be all sorts of opinions.

Randy Johnson does not have too many really high-end cards. I know he had an error card early on that was very popular, but in my mind this card has so many things going for it. Unfortunately I sold it recently to pay for some things, but it's from a great set, great on-card signature with nickname, /200 so a tough pull but not impossible and just a great looking card.

$_3.JPG

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
Personally I think Chipper Jones's most iconic card would be the stadium club dual autograph with derek jeter.

As for dj peterson I would have to say the bc superfractor auto. Sucks but that's his one ultimate prospect card.

Sent from my BOOMSTICK!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
My favorite player of all-time, Rickey Henderson's most iconic card is his 1980 Topps rookie.

I don't think everyone understands what "iconic" means.
By definition, something iconic is highly recognizable and most-thought-of (symbolic) when someone thinks of that person or thing.
It's not necessarily a player's most desirable or valuable card, although it often turns out that way because the majority of players' most recognizable cards are their rookie cards.

For instance, the Chipper/Jeter auto that someone mentioned is an awesome card, but it's not his most iconic, or recognizable.
That would be either Chipper's '92 Bowman in street clothes, or his '91 Topps and Upper Deck rookies.

In other words, an iconic card is not something you think is a player's best card, or most desirable.
It's what the general population or collecting public thinks is the player's most recognizable or symbolic card.

Last edited:

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Personally I think Chipper Jones's most iconic card would be the stadium club dual autograph with derek jeter.

As for dj peterson I would have to say the bc superfractor auto. Sucks but that's his one ultimate prospect card.

Sent from my BOOMSTICK!

I hope this becomes Chipper's most iconic card, because it's one of the coolest cards I've ever seen
$_3.JPG

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
I hope this becomes Chipper's most iconic card, because it's one of the coolest cards I've ever seen
$_3.JPG

It's a nice card but to me it is just an auto out of 25 with a old picture with no significance to chipper. But the dual auto has Jeter and Chipper and is really rare imo.

Sent from my BOOMSTICK!

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
To me this is it. Although the 96 mirror gold is another.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
For Yaz it has to be this

3000 Hits, Super rare, Probably his most expensive auto and just a beautiful on card auto.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yea. This is a cool concept but some players like Belle just don't have an iconic card like some players :(

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Yea. This is a cool concept but some players like Belle just don't have an iconic card like some players :(

---

It doesn't have to be the "iconic" type that everyone knows about. Post the card (or cards) that a Belle collector would have on the top of his list. Maybe one of his first autograph cards; maybe a historic set like 1993 Finest Refractor or 1998 Crusade?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It doesn't have to be the "iconic" type that everyone knows about. Post the card (or cards) that a Belle collector would have on the top of his list. Maybe one of his first autograph cards; maybe a historic set like 1993 Finest Refractor or 1998 Crusade?

Which is what I posted, his 1998 Res Crusade lol

I just mean I'm jealous because some players do have a certain "iconic" card and even non player collectors go after it because of it's place in the hobby. I think it's cool.

---

Members online

Latest posts