Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NEW FCB How bad are the Phillies? rolling thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
With today's 10-1 blowout the Philadelphia Phillies have now lost 11 of 12. Doesn't look to get better with them playing Yanks and Nats this coming week. What will Scherzer do to them Friday?

So, after the laughter from [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] die down, why not Celebrate with a FUN thread?

We did this a coupla years ago for the Marlins and now it's the Phllies turn. Post fun stats or comparisons like Johnny Carson used to "How bad is it?"-style.

Some of my Favs so far:

They only had the lead after 6 innings once since June 5th, their 2-1 win on Thursday.

They've only led 8 innings total since that same date.

Last time a team had OBP lower than #Phillies' current mark of .286 were Padres in 1972 (.283), 1 of 8 since 1965

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
The Phillies are so bad, they make my Red Sox look like an All Star team with a 5-ace rotation.

The Phillies are like that morbidly obese hambeast at the bar that makes all the other ugly women look better by comparison. You may have taken home the 250-pounder with three chins and sweat stains on her thighs, but at least you didn't hook up with the Phillies.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
The Phillies are so bad, they make my Red Sox look like an All Star team with a 5-ace rotation.

The Phillies are like that morbidly obese hambeast at the bar that makes all the other ugly women look better by comparison. You may have taken home the 250-pounder with three chins and sweat stains on her thighs, but at least you didn't hook up with the Phillies.

LOL!

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
The Phillies are so bad that their starters haven't won a game since May 23rd, a club record of 25 straight games.

The Phillies are so bad that, even though I'm not a gambler, I really want to bet against them today. Why? Well, in addition to being so bad, they are starting a rookie pitcher today, just brought up from AAA. He is winless in his 13 starts, with a 0-6 record and 4.74 ERA. He gets to face Michael Wacha, who is 6-1 with a 2.08 ERA on the road. Game is in Philly! Wacha gonna do? Go Phillies!::facepalm::

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
They recently DFA'd Aumont to keep Frenchy in the rotation ...

I can't watch them. It pains me, but, I knew it was going to happen with all the non trades they made (Hamels / Utley / Howard). That and the regression by Dom and then the fizzling of Aumont, Ruf & others has led to this day. I still say firing Manuel didn't help either. Philly got exactly what they deserved.

Blame Amaro !

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
You know that dream where your favorite player signs as a free agent with your favorite team? I had that dream. I should have specified "and goes on to win the next four World Series as league MVP." Instead, my subconscious twisted it all into "and goes on to hit my weight with only a couple extra points sprinked onto OBP and SLG and has 6 RBI in a month and a half of full-time play and then gets cut to sign with Tampa while the team goes on without him just as it was or even worse, so it's not even addition by subtraction."

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The lady reading the summary on the Local news headlines seemed shocked and seem to asking someone to verify when she said they were winning earlier today...

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
The Phillies are so bad that their starters haven't won a game since May 23rd, a club record of 25 straight games.

The Phillies are so bad that, even though I'm not a gambler, I really want to bet against them today. Why? Well, in addition to being so bad, they are starting a rookie pitcher today, just brought up from AAA. He is winless in his 13 starts, with a 0-6 record and 4.74 ERA. He gets to face Michael Wacha, who is 6-1 with a 2.08 ERA on the road. Game is in Philly! Wacha gonna do? Go Phillies!

:lol: Just can't predict baseball. Phillies won 9-2 & Morgan picked up the win

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Thanks for the Phillies article. Good read. Sundays game was a good example of why I don't bet on baseball, or any other sport. But it was a nice Father's Day present.:D

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I have been a Phillies Phan since i was born in 1970. i have seen them win a lot and loose a lot. I'm used to it. I like it beause there cards are so cheap to collect now. lol. Phillies right now are building there farm team and just sitting on what we have till they are ready.
Amaro needs to go now but they wont. look how long it took us to get rid of Ed Wade. I believe Ruff and Brown and so forth can and will do better but they just don't play them enough. A game here and there just isn't enough.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I was also born in 1970, although after the season. I got there just in time to have my little mind impressed upon by the 1970s LCS run and 1980 WS. But there have been some pretty lean times since then. Every decade or so a good team, then truly precipitous falls.

I just added up their record for my lifetime, and, to my amazement, they are over .500! In the 45 seasons I've been a Phillies fan, including 24-47 so far this year, they are 3554-3516, .503. Just a 38 game cushion, but I think they'll stay winners through this season. So I hope next year they can improve (obviously).

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I was also born in 1970, although after the season. I got there just in time to have my little mind impressed upon by the 1970s LCS run and 1980 WS. But there have been some pretty lean times since then. Every decade or so a good team, then truly precipitous falls.

I just added up their record for my lifetime, and, to my amazement, they are over .500! In the 45 seasons I've been a Phillies fan, including 24-47 so far this year, they are 3554-3516, .503. Just a 38 game cushion, but I think they'll stay winners through this season. So I hope next year they can improve (obviously).

That is so cool. I remember going to the world series. I even still have my ticket stubs and program book
zTICKETTS.jpg

PROGRAMBOOK1.jpg

And check this out. Got it at a game once (had 2 but now only 1)
zturf.jpg

zturfback.jpg

Members online

Latest posts