Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's First* Annual Baseball's Back Contest - No true winner, but dano7 & aanewport are WINNERS of consolation prizes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Now that Hand has switched leagues and is in Toronto - that means he’s done in the competition right? ;-)
No, he can still lead the majors in his stat category, which is what is needed to win the contest. League leading is irrelevant.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
August is complete…and so is the mini-game.

Hits
Freeman (144) - Letch77 t-3rd in NL (Eliminated)
LeMahieu (134) - bstanwood t-15th in AL (Eliminated)
NcNeil (74) - MrMet t-84th in NL (Eliminated)
Merrifield (148) - gamecockfanatic t-4th in AL (Eliminated)

Home Runs
Acuna (24) - chippernate t-16th in NL (Eliminated)
Ozuna (7) - Randy Shields t-111th in NL (Eliminated)
Trout (8) - Austin t-105th in AL (Eliminated)

RBIs
Abreu, J (102) - Dazed 1st in AL (Previously Eliminated)
Arenado (84) - banjar 5th in NL (Eliminated)

Wins
Bauer (8) -JVHaste t-26th in NL (Eliminated)
Bieber (7) - thelesquad t-39th in AL (Eliminated)
Cole (13) - dano7 1st in AL (Previously Eliminated)

Strikeouts
Cole (200) - WizardofOz1982 2nd in AL (Eliminated)

Saves
Hand (21) - popguynyc 9th in NL (Eliminated)
Hendricks (30) - aanewport 1st in AL (Cashed out)

---------

@WizardofOz1982

Unfortunately, Cole slipped to 2nd in AL strikeouts thanks to Robbie Ray‘s 10Ks on August 30th. You have been eliiminated.

@Dazed
@dano7
Both of your players re-emerged to take the lead in August, but you were both previously eliminated since they had lost that lead earlier in the season.

Thanks to everyone for playing!

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma

Hits

Home Runs

RBIs

Wins

Strikeouts

Saves

---------

@WizardofOz1982

Unfortunately, Cole slipped to 2nd in AL strikeouts thanks to Robbie Ray‘s 10Ks on August 30th. You have been eliiminated.

@Dazed
@dano7
Both of your players re-emerged to take the lead in August, but you were both previously eliminated since they had lost that lead earlier in the season.

Now I just have to hope he can catch Wheeler for the season lead.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO

Hits

Home Runs

RBIs

Wins

Strikeouts

Saves

---------

@WizardofOz1982

@Dazed
@dano7

Thanks for the (mini-game) contest! Entertaining as always!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Congrats to @aanewport for having that feeling of when to cash out and winning some $

Next stop, season end to see if anyone picked a winning stat leader!!

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Why oh why couldn't Cole have pitched that 15 K gem on 8/31 rather than 9/1 lol.

Oh well he's got the MLB lead now. Here's hoping he keeps it.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Hits (H)
Freeman (209) - Letch77
Merrifield (213) - gamecockfanatic

Runs Batter In (RBI)
A
breau, J (138) - Dazed

Wins (W)
Cole (20) - dano7

Strikeouts (K)
Cole (297) - WizardofOz1982

Saves (S)
Hendricks(36) - aanewport

I was just looking at current stats and think that these members are still in the running to win this contest! Nobody is out yet (some may be statistically impossible, but I didn't check all answers)possibly , but I just took players who are in the top 5 or so of the MLB lead.

Season winding down fast....good luck everyone!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
OK,

Here is how we look heading into the last week or so of the season:

Hits (H) - (MLB Leader - Turner - 184)
* # 11 Freeman (209) - Letch77. (175 - 5th)
#7 LeMahieu (204) - bstanwood. (158 - 23rd)
#8 NcNeil (210) - MrMet. (95 - 163rd)
* #2 Merrifield (213) - gamecockfanatic. (177 - 4th)

Home Runs (HR) - (MLB Leader - Perez/Guerrero - 46)

#1 Acuna (47) - chippernate. (24 - T 66th)
#13 Ozuna (44) - Randy Shields. (7 - T 261st)
#10 Trout (48) - Austin. (8 - T 235th)

Runs Batter In (RBI) - (MLB Leader - Perez - 117)

*#15 Abreau, J (138) - Dazed. (113 - 2nd)
*#5 Arenado (130) - banjar. (108 - T 8th)

Wins (W) -
(MLB Leader - Urias - 19)
#6 Bauer (21) -JVHaste. (8 - T 69th)
#3 Bieber (19) - thelesquad (7 - T 80th)
#9 Cole (20) - dano7. (16 - T 2nd)

Strikeouts (K) -
(MLB Leader - Ray - 244)
* #4 Cole (297) - WizardofOz1982. (237 - 3rd)

Saves (S) - (MLB Leader - Melancon - 38)
#14 Hand (31) - popguynyc. (21 - T 16th)
*#12 Hendricks(36) - aanewport. (37 - 2nd)

I'm going out on a limb here to say we have a very exciting 6 way race with Letch77, gamecockfanatic, Dazed, banjar, WizardofOz1982 & aanewport all having a realistic shot at picking a MLB stat leader in their chosen category, although nobody has their pick in the driver's seat right now. It is even possible that we have multiple different stat leaders. I'll have to review the rules to remember how I said we'd deal with that if it happened (Tie goes to first guesser and the positions have noiw been noted as well). I'm feeling pretty confident that the rest of the field are statistically eliminated at this point.

Watch the Hits, RBIs, Strikeouts and Saves race closely in the next week! This is where a winner could emerge very easily.

Great picks by all. A lot of close ones coming down to the wire.

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hold the phone! I've been reading the fine print of the rules, and found something fascinating: :unsure:

Article 69 Adjunction 8.5 states: "In the case of a player being injured or suspended in a genitalia related incident, (italics mine) the participant may make another selection"

@mrmopar had great foresight to put that into a contest, well played sir!

In that case

RBI
Salvador Perez (120) JVHaste.

😂

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
It came to my notice that "choking" can be done with ones hands and is not necessarily a genital act. :unsure: In my mind Bauer chocked that lady with his long **** wrapped around her neck ShumaGorath style.

shuma-mvc3.jpg

I might have to rescind the above request form depending if my interns find the MLB legal papers about Bauer inherently discuss the genital choking variety or not.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well, I dunno if Nolan is gonna git 'er done this year. A fine season by him, but not the MVP-caliber offering I came to expect when he was with the Rockies. Wish he was still here though.

But what are the odds that JVHaste would pick Bauer, and then Bauer would end up with his **** getting him in serious trouble, and Haste would be there to capitalize? Baseball will always be the greatest :)

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Hold the phone! I've been reading the fine print of the rules, and found something fascinating: :unsure:

Article 69 Adjunction 8.5 states: "In the case of a player being injured or suspended in a genitalia related incident, (italics mine) the participant may make another selection"

@mrmopar had great foresight to put that into a contest, well played sir!

In that case

RBI
Salvador Perez (120) JVHaste.

😂
Thanks! You pick Salvy then he slips on the dugout steps and sprains his ankle. Why couldn't you pick Vlad Jr?????????? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Last games of the season today! This is coming down to the wire, with at least 2 guesses still very much in it, with a 3rd being a long shot.

Hits (H) - (MLB Leader - Turner - 194) - This one is done.

Home Runs (HR) - (MLB Leader - Perez - 48) - This one was already done!

Runs Batter In (RBI) - (MLB Leader - Perez - 121) - A grand slam is all that we need for this one, still a very close race!
*#15 Abreu, J (138) - Dazed. (117 - 2nd)

Wins (W) - (MLB Leader - Urias - 20). - This one was already done too.

Strikeouts (K) -
(MLB Leader - Ray - 248) - I suppose Cole could pitch in the game, so we'll keep this one open.
#4 Cole (297) - WizardofOz1982.
(243 - 3rd)

Saves (S) - (MLB Leader - Melancon - 39) - This is our hot race!

#12 Hendricks (36) - aanewport. (38 - 2nd)

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Uh oh, I don't see Abreu in the line up for todays game. I suppose he could come off the bench for that grand slam, but it is now looking less likely this will be a deciding race, sorry to say. There is still a chance though...

The question becomes, will Hendricks have a save opportunities today and if he does get one and converts, will Melancon have the same chance and keep the lead? A tie is still good for a victory in this case, but it must happen as he must lead all of MLB, not just his own league.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A 5-2 White Sox loss today killed any chance of anyone coming up with a winning pick, I am sorry to say. Oddly enough, this is the first time I have run this contest a full season and the first time nobody picked a MLB stat leader! I guess a half season is easier to predict historically speaking.

As a consolation price, I am going to award the members who ended up picking league leaders with a prize, since nobody won the overall contest.

Liam Hendricks ended up leading the AL in saves with 38, missing the MLB lead held by Mark Melancon by 1. Gerrit Cole ended up leading the AL in wins with 16, missing the MLB lead by a much larger gap of 4 games with Julio Urias being the only 20 game winner in baseball this year..

@dano7 and @aanewport, you are the winners!

Please send me a message with a variety of sports, teams. players or whatever else you like to collect and I'll do my best to accommodate a personalized prize package for each of you. The more specific you get, the better chance I get you exactly what you collect, but at the same time if you are TOO specific, this could also limit me on what I have to offer. As a reminder, my collecting has pretty much consisted of me buying secondary specifically for my personal collection for the last couple decades. The only time I add things that don't fit into my collection is when I win lots. I do have a pretty good variety of pre 2000s stuff, when I was still buying packs.

dano7, I know you collect Yankees and unfortunately I send nearly everything I have extras of Yankees to another collector as part of a long time trade agreement we have. I may still have some odd stuff here and there, but another couple of teams or specific players would help a lot. Do you collect anything else at all or maybe you do some trading I can help with some trade bait?

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
A 5-2 White Sox loss today killed any chance of anyone coming up with a winning pick, I am sorry to say. Oddly enough, this is the first time I have run this contest a full season and the first time nobody picked a MLB stat leader! I guess a half season is easier to predict historically speaking.

As a consolation price, I am going to award the members who ended up picking league leaders with a prize, since nobody won the overall contest.

Liam Hendricks ended up leading the AL in saves with 38, missing the MLB lead held by Mark Melancon by 1. Gerrit Cole ended up leading the AL in wins with 16, missing the MLB lead by a much larger gap of 4 games with Julio Urias being the only 20 game winner in baseball this year..

@dano7 and @aanewport, you are the winners!

Please send me a message with a variety of sports, teams. players or whatever else you like to collect and I'll do my best to accommodate a personalized prize package for each of you. The more specific you get, the better chance I get you exactly what you collect, but at the same time if you are TOO specific, this could also limit me on what I have to offer. As a reminder, my collecting has pretty much consisted of me buying secondary specifically for my personal collection for the last couple decades. The only time I add things that don't fit into my collection is when I win lots. I do have a pretty good variety of pre 2000s stuff, when I was still buying packs.

dano7, I know you collect Yankees and unfortunately I send nearly everything I have extras of Yankees to another collector as part of a long time trade agreement we have. I may still have some odd stuff here and there, but another couple of teams or specific players would help a lot. Do you collect anything else at all or maybe you do some trading I can help with some trade bait?
Message sent

Members online

Latest posts