Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heritage buybacks....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Please tell me that not all of your box toppers aren't in as bad condition as the one I pulled is....

lambe.jpg

lambe1.jpg

Holy crap this thing is destroyed!!! Amazingly it's actually worse than the scan makes it look.

I'll say it.... THANKS TOPPS!!!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
What a beautiful, well loved card!

Totally embracing the 'Heritage' theme of pure collecting.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Its 49 years old... granted it isnt in the best condition... but it is 49 years old. They cant just buy a sealed case to get these buy backs.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Its 49 years old... granted it isnt in the best condition... but it is 49 years old. They cant just buy a sealed case to get these buy backs.

YEah, but they can go to ANY show and buy the same card in great condition for $.50 OR LESS. That is pitiful, sad, and pathetic. Topps should be embarassed.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Many of the ones on ebay have the same rounded corners.

While a lot of the ones I have are way off-center or miss-cut, none have been rounded or faded like these.

Further proof that topps doesn't give two XXXXs.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
ummm that card isn't well loved its destroyed. For an average of 50 cents to a dollar a card topps could have gotten EXMT to NM commons and they still would have wear to them just not be totally harmed. NOBODY collects mid 60's cards in that condition.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I mean, they're ruining a vintage card with a modern stamp. I say reserve said treatment for well-loved cards, just as this.

Agreed, plus these are an "added value" item. The stamp will allow a $.10 well loved common to sell for $1+, win-win.

I for one am glad that Topps is not stamping PSA6 to 7+ quality cards.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
ok. I am not good at math at all but do I see something wrong? 1964 -2013 is 49 years not 50.. right??????
If you do subtraction as you have, you do not include the year 1964. If you count that set, this year's is the 50 th set since. That was the thinking when Topps celebrated 1952 Topps with 2001 Heritage. They are thinking of an entire year inclusive.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
That's not even close to an accurate statement. There are a lot of people who collect exactly this kind of condition.

No they don't unless they are dumb. Not commons, you can find these 1964 Commons in PSA 6 or better for 2.99 delivered on ebay, why would you pay anything for a card in that shape? I can't believe anyone would say 50 cents or 1.00 is too much to pay for a card. You couldn't give this card away at any card show I have set up as a dealer in the last 20 years.

toadfan106

May 2, 2009
TNP777 is correct - I have been in the process of putting together the 1964 set for years and I would buy PSA6 commons for $3 delivered all day, they run $5 - $6. Sadly the card pictured is generally what you would get if you are looking to pay .50 - $1 for it, and yes, they are collected in that condition. I usually buy them as fillers until I can upgrade and then either send them out for TTM autos or bunch them up and sell them as a lot. Of course if you have some nice ex-mt '64's for sale, I would be happy to take them off your hand for .50 - $1.

Members online

Latest posts