Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heritage buybacks....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
At least you didn't get a fully USED checklist card. Boxes filled in, 1964 written on the top front and back. Of the 6 I pulled out of my case, only one was in condition that I would deem acceptable. The other 5 were destroyed.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
No they don't unless they are dumb. Not commons, you can find these 1964 Commons in PSA 6 or better for 2.99 delivered on ebay, why would you pay anything for a card in that shape? I can't believe anyone would say 50 cents or 1.00 is too much to pay for a card. You couldn't give this card away at any card show I have set up as a dealer in the last 20 years.

This is the exact attitude that is ruining the hobby, congrats.

Far be it that some may actually just want a copy of a card without consideration given to condition or price. God forbid someone in this hobby might actually want a vintage card just for the sake of having one. But no, they are dumb for not wanting a more expensive, better conditioned copy....

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I collect '64s like this...granted they're Venezuelans, but condition blows.

1964ToppsVenezuela176a.jpg

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

Far be it that some may actually just want a copy of a card without consideration given to condition or price. God forbid someone in this hobby might actually want a vintage card just for the sake of having one. But no, they are dumb for not wanting a more expensive, better conditioned copy....

Its not "more expensive".

64 topps commons can be had in much better shape than these for $1-2

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209

Thanks for saying it better than I could have. Calling other collectors "dumb" because they choose to collect lower-condition cards is pretty ignorant, imo. Mocking/knocking what someone else collects or how they collect it is the height of arrogance.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Its not "more expensive".

64 topps commons can be had in much better shape than these for $1-2

$1 - $2 per common is still more expensive than ~$0.50 per, and either way, it still does not address the cancerous issue that some have the attitude that you are 'dumb' for collecting without taking condition (and thus value) in to account.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I never said anything is dumb, but to me it is BS that topps "bought back" 1964 commons with 4 rounded corners.

1954...sure

1964...no
I am in total agreement with you on this point. Marked checklists and round corners may be desirable for someone to purchase in a quarter box, but they should not have been purchased for this product.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I am in total agreement with you on this point. Marked checklists and round corners may be desirable for someone to purchase in a quarter box, but they should not have been purchased for this product.

This I think is more of the point of the post. Collectors can spend $ however they choose on any grade of card they desire. It's their $ and their collection. The issue is that a company put lil effort into adding something of much value to the product that could have been something more desirable.

Ryan

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
All of the ones found in my store have been up to par with previous buy backs.

Best one so far is a sharp sam mcdowell.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
At least you didn't get a fully USED checklist card. Boxes filled in, 1964 written on the top front and back. Of the 6 I pulled out of my case, only one was in condition that I would deem acceptable. The other 5 were destroyed.

A checklist I was vying for with rounded corners ended up selling for $28...thought I'd win it for $2-3

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I think Topps's point here is that these are the cards (some) had as kids and here is the condition most of them ended up in because they were traded, flipped, stacked and bound by rubber bands, stuffed in pockets or even in bicycle spokes. Here is what they look like today but with the stamp on them. I like them the way they are. Again, I'm glad I dont do this for the $$$ anymore, its just a hobby!

Fordman

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts