Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone use Instagram as a way to sell items?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Wondering if anybody does this as a secondary way to sell any of their eBay items. I started a new Instagram with all my vintage sports gear and other items for sale, and was thinking about listing my Instagram in the bottom of all my eBay listings. people can find the items on my Instagram and possibly message me what they're interested in. Then proceed to just do it PayPal transaction without the eBay fees.

Instagram
Throwbacks2thefuture

If anyone wants to follow

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Not sure if eBay will catch on but I like the idea. Might take awhile to build up followers but its a capital idea chap!

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Not sure about Instagram as being a platform to sell stuff but it's a creative idea. I guess if you marketed it, it'd work? I have a handle but it's personal not eBay and I don't use it much @MrMacIntyre

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Not sure about Instagram as being a platform to sell stuff but it's a creative idea. I guess if you marketed it, it'd work? I have a handle but it's personal not eBay and I don't use it much @MrMacIntyre

Basically a way around messaging through eBay since they try & block all messages now to try & work out a deal off eBay. Start getting enough followers they will see all your new items as you get them. Then can make offers on Instagram or email you direct.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Basically a way around messaging through eBay since they try & block all messages now to try & work out a deal off eBay. Start getting enough followers they will see all your new items as you get them. Then can make offers on Instagram or email you direct.

Not a bad idea. Just need followers, etc. but do-able. Good luck bro!

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I also have repeat customers so this way they can see all my stuff as I get it before it goes on eBay.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
That's a really good idea for when you're picking up different types of items normally one of each. I have no experience with instagram but let me know if it work out, I may give it a shot.

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
If Ebay has a problem you can print business cards with your Instagram handle and put one in every package that you send out.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Seems the fastest way to get followers is to go to other Instagram users that in my case buy, sell, trade vintage sports gear and follow them & some of their followers and then they will also start following you.

I only did a few last night and already had 10 new followers this morning & couple people already asking for prices on some items

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I do not see why it would work any worse than YouTube, and there are a lot of successful sellers who supplement their customer base via YouTube. I think it can be a good idea, as long as you can build followers, as already mentioned.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Actually liking it man!

I'm obviously the jersey talk

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Yeah i knew that was you. Someone bought that Pippen for $40 and I said $30 shipped???

Think you showing interest helped the sale... Lol

Anyways what size do you wear & any player / players specifically ???

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Actually liking it man!

I'm obviously the jersey talk

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Yeah it's going pretty good only day 2. I like following all the other vintage sports guys & thrift shoppers too.

These are a few of my favorite so far

@radvintage
@mrthrowbacknyc
@samuelsnapson
@rocksteadyvintage
@thriftkings
@ rare_wear_attire

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts