Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors: Do You Count Team Cards for Your Player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
I guess I am a little quirky when it comes to these sorts of things. I don't collect plates, posters or magazines, but I collect game trivia cards, mini promo posters and even the uber rare marble that was from Topps.

I'd suggest not going down that slippery slop in collecting "everything" where your PC guy is located. I'm at the point of picking up magazines where there is an article on Brooks Robinson, even if he's not pictured on the cover, or his name for that matter (it isn't pretty...).

Of course it does beg the question, why not collect plates, posters, magazines, etc.?

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I don't unless my guy is prominently featured and/or visible.

I'll extend this out - where does everyone stand on massive multiplayer cards? Things like the 1997 Pro Shooter checklist, the 1993-1994 Black Gold "You've Just Won" cards... I personally have them in my Baerga collection but I'm really wondering why I consider them "his card" when here are 10-40 other players on it and he's barely visible...

I love the black gold cards and have many of them with Dawson on them including unopened packs and errors

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I'd suggest not going down that slippery slop in collecting "everything" where your PC guy is located. I'm at the point of picking up magazines where there is an article on Brooks Robinson, even if he's not pictured on the cover, or his name for that matter (it isn't pretty...).

Of course it does beg the question, why not collect plates, posters, magazines, etc.?

I'm not sure, to be honest. Having a plate displayed somewhere just doesn't do it for me, magazines can get bulky fast and the thought of his posters all over my walls seems ... well .... I guess it means I wouldn't be able to hide the crazy as easily :) I don't collect photo balls, starting lineups or macfarlanes of him either. My first love is the baseball cards, and it is not just because it is him ... it is because I love cards. I do have some coins too, and I do collect oversized cards, mini pocket schedules, etc.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
How about this one?

If your player was in a background such as this card, BUT NOT SHOWN, would you chase it and all parallels?1450539843317.jpg

So for instance, say you collect Pujols and a Trout card shows the scoreboard in the background, which has Albert's image.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
How about this one?

If your player was in a background such as this card, BUT NOT SHOWN, would you chase it and all parallels?View attachment 57573

So for instance, say you collect Pujols and a Trout card shows the scoreboard in the background, which has Albert's image.

Absolutely!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Absolutely!

Ok I've got another one for you. My family watched home alone last night. Kevin went into Buzzs room and there was a 1989 fleer glossy tin. When he opened it you could see fred mcgriff. If it had shown dawson would you have the DVD in your collection?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Ok I've got another one for you. My family watched home alone last night. Kevin went into Buzzs room and there was a 1989 fleer glossy tin. When he opened it you could see fred mcgriff. If it had shown dawson would you have the DVD in your collection?

Did u really need to ask that ?

Ryan

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

Dawson is on that tin

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
How about this one?

If your player was in a background such as this card, BUT NOT SHOWN, would you chase it and all parallels?View attachment 57573

Guess you are talking about something like this?

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1450564014.298472.jpg

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I need to watch that movie and if it is then yes

Wait ... you haven't seen Home Alone???!?!!? Whatever you are doing this evening, cancel. Order some pizza and watch Home Alone with the fam!

Members online

Latest posts