Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do some homework, know your stuff or pay the price! Buyer beware? Pee Wee Reese shocker.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
In all fairness, the seller did list this as an autograph, but the category is not autograph (if that even exists anymore). The seller is a high volume consignment dealer, who I like to shop with, but when I saw this, I wanted to see what would happen. This is a $3 card on most days. I have to think the winner thinks he/she is getting a Pee Wee Reese autograph! Sadly, he died in 1999. The seller will probably have to issue a refund, but should he? How clueless do you have to be to buy a signed card issued after a players death, that looks like a 3rd grader wrote the name no less!?

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 7.15.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 7.12.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-24 at 7.12.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-24 at 7.12.58 PM.png

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
The buyer is clueless and should have known better, but...the seller should also have known better. They absolutely should have to issue a refund for not delivering what was described, a Pee Wee Reese autograph. The auction title is a straight up lie.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I've seen sellers, spell the players name on sports card auctions wrong. I collect players who name is Hogan. They spell it Hagan. Come on people. It's right in front of you on the card.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I just got this in today. I asked the seller if the card was hand signed and he said yes. I will be filing for a return. Similar issue, except this was not obvious to me and I even asked first. Unfortunately the seller thought it was real.

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 5.37.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-25 at 5.36.33 PM.png

Here are two more to prove its a preprint...I should have checked for myself, but I trusted the guy knew what he was doing. He has already refunded me, so he's backing up his reputation, which is great!

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 5.21.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-25 at 5.21.39 PM.png

Tibor

Sep 16, 2015
In all fairness, the seller did list this as an autograph, but the category is not autograph (if that even exists anymore). The seller is a high volume consignment dealer, who I like to shop with, but when I saw this, I wanted to see what would happen. This is a $3 card on most days. I have to think the winner thinks he/she is getting a Pee Wee Reese autograph! Sadly, he died in 1999. The seller will probably have to issue a refund, but should he? How clueless do you have to be to buy a signed card issued after a players death, that looks like a 3rd grader wrote the name no less!?

View attachment 342971

View attachment 342969View attachment 342970View attachment 342972
I'm one of the clueless bunch. Didn't know that Pee Wee passed. RIP Check some of the
80+ year old autos. They're not as eloquent and pretty as when the player was in his 30's.
That auto looks like one from a person in their 75+ year old. I wonder how many of the TTM
autos, young or old, are even genuine. Ghost signed by a family member.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I'm one of the clueless bunch. Didn't know that Pee Wee passed. RIP Check some of the
80+ year old autos. They're not as eloquent and pretty as when the player was in his 30's.
That auto looks like one from a person in their 75+ year old. I wonder how many of the TTM
autos, young or old, are even genuine. Ghost signed by a family member.
I would hope that if you were shopping a certain player, that you'd educate yourself, especially one that is older or could be deceased.

Reese was signing pretty well up until his death (a nice, clear steady signature), if I recall, or at least anything that is out there and available. He may have stopped signing at some point in his old age.

Members online

Latest posts