Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 MLB Draft Official Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Best. Pic. Ever.

Jim Callis, hard at work while the draft is in the 35th round.

attachment.php
That's what happens when you eat too many raw berries....

giphy.gif

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Red Sox just keep grabbing up all the Perfect Game guys.

Next up -

Bergner.jpg

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Top guy Jared Horn goes off the board in the 20th to the Brewers.

Don't expect him to sign.

@hive17

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I think the Brewers have the $ and slot room, so maybe this could be an attack. However, you're probably right.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I thought the Cardinals did very well, Perez and Hudson alone make it one of the better drafts IMO. Add in intriguing rotation arms with very high floors (Jones and Gallen) and the sweet swinging Tommy Edman and you guys add to an already decent farm system. ::thumbs up::

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I thought the Cardinals did very well, Perez and Hudson alone make it one of the better drafts IMO. Add in intriguing rotation arms with very high floors (Jones and Gallen) and the sweet swinging Tommy Edman and you guys add to an already decent farm system. ::thumbs up::

Thanks. Sounds like the Red Sox did well too. I'm very impressed with their development of players.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Do you think DeJong, Weaver, or Bader will have any impact at MLB level?
I'm not quite sold on DeJong but I think he could be a decent power bat in a platoon role. Weaver will be a mid-rotation starter but will have to further develop his 3rd pitch to get there, and Bader will find a home in CF and could have ML average stats across all categories.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB
No. 2 overall pick Nick Senzel signs w/@Reds today for $6.2 mil (pick value = $7,762,900). Tennessee 3B, best college hitter in @MLBDraft.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB
No. 2 overall pick Nick Senzel signs w/@Reds today for $6.2 mil (pick value = $7,762,900). Tennessee 3B, best college hitter in @MLBDraft.

Any idea why the Reds picked Chris Okey after taking Tyler Stephenson last year? Seems strange when teams do that. Okey is solid, but Stephenson was 11th overall last year, so unless they are drafting for back-up purposes, it seems a bit redundant to me to draft Okey.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Any idea why the Reds picked Chris Okey after taking Tyler Stephenson last year? Seems strange when teams do that. Okey is solid, but Stephenson was 11th overall last year, so unless they are drafting for back-up purposes, it seems a bit redundant to me to draft Okey.

They must have figured he was the BPA at that point.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Dennis Lin ‏@sdutdennislin
The Padres have signed Cal Quantrill. He's at Petco right now warming up for a bullpen session.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
More @Reds @MLBDraft: 2nd-rder Chris Okey signs for $2 mil (pick 43 value $1,497,500). Clemson C, best all-around C available.

Supp 1st-rder Taylor Trammell signs w/@Reds for $3.2 mil (pick 35 value $1,837,200). Ga HS OF, star RB, athlete + feel to hit. @MLBDraft

Members online

Latest posts